Crackles

Dan Jose

Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
Hi guys,

I recently got my model 24 to playback audio tracks from ableton 10 through usb into my mixer. However, any audio played back from my laptop whether it’s itunes or ableton has an insane crackle. It doesn’t matter. I am running an up to date version of Mojave on a top-spec 2015 15” MacBook Pro. Does anyone else have any similar issues? Or do they have any suggestions on what to do?

The crackle only happens when audio is being sent through the usb connection

Thanks for your help,

Daniel

I plugged the tascam into my flat mate’s MacBook Pro running high Sierra and no issues. I’m looking to borrow another interface to see if there are any issues with my mac. Right now I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the tascam or Mojave giving me the issues. With my luck it is probably both.

I thought it might be an issue with Mojave, so I completely reinstalled high Sierra from scratch and Ableton and still the same issues. No matter what playing audio back from my computer through the tascam causes a crackle.

You said it ran well on the MacBook pro, so there's your answer.

No. This site is not affiliated with Tascam.

I suggest that you get your roommate to sit down with you, and compare your computers to find out what is different between them. USB throughput speeds, or whatever. The interface works with his computer, so the interface it not the issue. The computer is the issue somehow.

New threads

Members online