Deleted tracks....need help

Christoph73

Gear owned
Tascam dr24 sd
SO here is what I did. I have the Tascam DP‑24SD
To start, Im pretty new to home recording equipment and I might be doing things the hard way or unorthodox or whatever. None the less I demoed a few songs. I then took the memory card out and put it into my computer where I mixed em. Yes I know I can do that on the tascam, but Im just used to doing it on my computer and it seems to be easier, for me at least.
After I went through all the tracks I deleted all the screwed up tracks or virtual tracks I'm guessing. The other day I put the card back into the tascam and was gonna work on them some. makes a few changes and maybe add this and that. And those tracks are now gone. I pull up the song and its there. I can see the tracks that were used...but there is nothing there. The stuff that was there that I didnt take off the card to mix is all still there. But I get the feeling since I deleted the screwed up or virtual tracks it also took the good tracks that were left on there, but I truly dont know if thats case. Has anyone had this happen and can tell me why? I took the card back out and put it in my laptop and I see all the tracks i left on there..but why arent they coming up on my tascam? Ive just lost alot of work if Ive just planned screwed it up? Im sure this is a rookie mistake.
Anyone???

Thanks

If you've messed about with the internal workfiles (the ZZ files) inside the Song folder then you've screwed it I'm afraid.
The only method for transferring files in and out for editing or processing on a computer is via the Export and Import mechanism in the Menu, AudioDepot screen. This converts all the ZZ files and creates free-standing wave files, one per track, in the AudioDepot folder. If you have virtual tracks, you have to make them current before exporting them. You can mess around with these AudioDepot files as you like - the original ZZ workfiles remain untouched so the song remains intact from the machine's point of view.
You can copy the whole song folder to a computer, but this is for backup purposes only. To restore it to the machine, copy the whole folder back to the SD card again... you can change its name but you must not tinker with the contents. The only exception to this is the mixdown/master file also which lives in the song folder but is not prefixed by ZZ.
You may be able to recover your lost files from your trash or recycle bin.

Thank you very much for clearing this up. I do appreciate it. Very helpful.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.