Deleting current recordings?

John T McQuillan

Gear owned
DP - 006
Hey, so, I'm just learning to use my DP-006. I've got the recording part down-ish, but I can't figure out how to delete recordings. I keep thinking I did it, but there it is. I have a stack of tracks that I want gone so I can make new recordings!

Any help is appreciated, I can't find it in the 1,000 page manual, no demos mention it. I'm at a loss.

Welcome to the forum John. I don't have a DP-006, but I checked the manual for a 'delete unused' function like there is on the DP-24/32. There isn't one, but there is a 'delete history' (page 60), so try this.
Page 59 mentions the history is 500 so this could explain why your old recordings still occupy space... just in case you want to 'undo'.
The DP-24/32 has a similar undo system - it can be set to either single or multi (although the multi can only undo up to 10 operations). Regardless of the undo setting, the machine still keeps every old recording (it's just that only 10 of these are undo-able), which is why it has a 'delete unused' function. I guess the DP-006 is similar, but has a 'delete history' function instead.
Update: just noticed it says the history is automatically cleared when you shut down (page 41), but I guess that will only happen if you shut down properly (page 28). Maybe there are scenarios where the history files remain on the card, which is why it has a manual delete function.

Last edited:
Just to clarify your question @John T McQuillan : When you say "delete recordings", do you mean erasing single tracks of the song (function CLEAN OUT TRACK) or erasing the whole song (function SONG ERASE)? I own the very similar DP-008EX and I see no differencies in the user manual regarding song and track handling.

Hi. So, I followed both those directions from the online manual, neither worked. Basically, I had literally just turned it on for the first time to try and learn how to use it. I figured out how to record tracks via the manual and so I was just kind of messing around layering tracks of me singing nonsense. Now I actually want to use it but I cannot get rid of those tracks. I'll think I did and then I'll record a new one but all the previous ones are still there.

@Phil Tipping I did see a lot of that including the erasing unsaved by shutting down bit. But I didn't see about proper shutdown, so I'm gonna check it out right now! Thank you for the info, and thanks to @dctdct, I forgot to tag you in my response to you.

Reactions: Phil Tipping

New threads

Members online

No members online now.