DM-24 and Windows 7

project

From
Poland
Gear owned
DM 24
Welcome. I ask you for help. I connect via FireWire DM24 and program Nuendo 2 on Win XP. All was well. Now I have Windows 7 and Cubase 6 and the computer does not see my DM24. Please if anyone know what to do

Install the driver? Before you install the driver rightclick the installer and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. If that does not work you can select it to work as win xp compatible. If that does not work yo can go to the firewire driver in SYSTEM and select LEGACY... (not sure where this was told to me)..

So, the drivers can work with Windows 7 now? How is it done?

I installed the driver. I have a card IF-FW/DM and producer says that this card does not work on windows 7 Latest driver for this card is from 2007-07-22 and is for XP. I do not understand what is rightClick

I recently installed that driver under WIN7 64bit and works...

Rightclick installer and select INSTALL AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Wow! If that's true, it will change my future plans a lot. Thanks for the insight.

trying to install as administrator but nothing gives. I do not know how you did it. Or maybe something I was FireWire cable. Tomorrow pile of new cable and proof, once again.

I tried it today again on my laptop wich runs W7 32 bit (but did the same on my studio machine running W7 64 bit) and I selected the setup.exe and rightclick... RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and then install. Two times it asked me if I should install since it could not be verified. I clicked YES. Then it asked me to turn on the device. Wich I can't since I do not own a IFFWDM. But I could install.

So please try it yourself and let me know..

The 1.10 driver was WINXP and WINXP64 compatible. So in essence should work on WIN7.

That's right after I turned on the device asks me it can not connect with him. and so is all the time

You can set the firewire driver to legacy...

This should change the behavior.

Here is a step by step:

Click Start

Then click on Control Panel

Click on Device Manager

Note: If you don’t see Device Manager listed, click on View By: Category on the top right side of the
Control Panel Window.
Then Click on Large Icons
You should now have a list of items in the Control Panel and click on Device Manager.

Under the Device Manager, look down the list for IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers and Double Click on it.

It should display something like - 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller

Note: If it has the word (Legacy) behind it, you are already setup and you can just exit out.

Next, double click on the 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller

A window will popup saying 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Properties

Click on the Driver Tab

Then look down in the widow and click on Update Driver

Then select - Browse my computer for driver software

Next select - Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

It will bring up a list of drivers.

Click on 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)

NOTE: It is important that you select the one with (Legacy) after it, just like shown above.

Then click Next

Once it installs the 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy),
it will say Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

Click on the Close button and exit out of all of the other windows.

Then Reboot your computer.

You will now be able to import video via the Firewire port on your computer.

If you are still having a problem importing video after you have switched the Firewire driver to Legacy, then the problem may be with the Firewire port. This is a common problem. The Firewire port will work with an external driver, but it won't let you import video from your video camera. Most people report this problem with Dell computer, but it does happen with other brands, even brand new computers. This problem is usually with the Firewire port that is built into the motherboard.

The fix is simple:
1. Install a Firewire card into one of the open slots in the computer
2. Using the instructions above, set the drive to Legacy.
3. Reboot the computer.
4. Then connect the Firewire cable from the video camera, into the new Firewire port that you just added.

This fixes the problem 99% of the time. Firewire cards are not the expensive, they run from $10 and up, depending on any extra features the card may have.

NOTE: We have noticed that when Microsoft has issued certain updates, it can cause Windows 7 to switch back to use the original 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller driver. If you notice the Firewire device is transferring slowly again just repeat the above steps and reinstall the Legacy driver.

Thank you for your comprehensive answer. I did everything as you said and it did not help. I installed an old Windows XP earlier and now the problem is that I suspect that it also affects windows 7 at the end of the driver installation program asks you to hook the mixer. can not be combined, and the device manager shows unrecognized device "sanewave iffwdm". I tried on another computer and the same thing. Is something wrong with the mixer?

The jumper settings on the IFFWDM (Original right.... not the MKII) is set to DM24? And not DM3200?

I do not understand. I use a translator and I do not know what the jumper is about. Is it somewhere in the mixer?

The jumper is on the card. Have you recently purchased the card? Seperately?

On tascam.com there is a document explaining the jumper settings..

Card has already been bought as a mixer. Earlier on windows xp all about. Before the problem was in the mixer replacement service on the display because it was already difficult to read. Maybe something changed in the service?

I use the recording for various bands in the wedding ceremony and now I have downtime, during which time I have everything set up

maybe you need to write it once again a new soft to the mixer? It has a 3.0 but you may need more time?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.