DM-24 and Windows 7

Hi together!

After some struggle installing my IF FW-DM in my Dm 24 on a brand new Notebook with w 7 Pro 64 bit, i try to contributea little to that issue. First of all I spent a lot of hours too, using the wrong firewire-cable. The reduction from 6 pins to 4 with removeable plugs did not work. All efforts to change the IEE 1394 divice drive to "alt" or "legacy" did not solve the problem. with a new cable the device manager showed the IF FW-DM i an new category of hardware but told me, that the driver could not be installed due to the missing digital signation. The solution was to keep F8 pressed while starting windows. The following screen enabels to choose "omit obligatory driver signation" or something like that (my version is in German) it's the last line to choose. Then I continued booting as usual. succes. Any time, I want to use the IF FW-DM i boot with depressed F8 and I had no problems ever since.

Hope, you will be successfull too

Organist

Organist said:
Hi together!

After some struggle installing my IF FW-DM in my Dm 24 on a brand new Notebook with w 7 Pro 64 bit, i try to contributea little to that issue. First of all I spent a lot of hours too, using the wrong firewire-cable. The reduction from 6 pins to 4 with removeable plugs did not work. All efforts to change the IEE 1394 divice drive to "alt" or "legacy" did not solve the problem. with a new cable the device manager showed the IF FW-DM i an new category of hardware but told me, that the driver could not be installed due to the missing digital signation. The solution was to keep F8 pressed while starting windows. The following screen enabels to choose "omit obligatory driver signation" or something like that (my version is in German) it's the last line to choose. Then I continued booting as usual. succes. Any time, I want to use the IF FW-DM i boot with depressed F8 and I had no problems ever since.

Organist

My notebook win7-32bit crashed, so i bought myself a HP with win7-64bit. Did the above mentionded setup and could install the driver .
But then the sound was very bad. So many hours working around to get it fixed.
I did try the legacy part of the IEE 1394, but there was no driver mentioned "legacy"(I use a dutch system). There where three drivers there, so i tryed them all. And then, thank God, the last one did the trick. Nice clean sound. A great working connection.
Stil, when i want to use the soundcard i have to startup with F8. But that's not a big problem for me.
Thanks to 'organist' and 'muziekschuur'

Hi together!

Organist
I can confirm this is working under Windows 8.1 64bit too!
My setup:
Asus G750 laptop with thunderbolt port
Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter cable
DM-24 with IF-FW/DM (driver v1.10)

It seems that there's a way to permanently disabling driver verification, but I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks organist and muziekschuur!

Regards,
Bart

Hi Everyone.

I hope someone is still checking this. I appreciate all the work the previous posters have put in. I have the IF FW/DM running into a pci firewire card on Windows 7 x64 home edition. I was able to see the card and get past the digital signature, but now device manager just shows "Cannot start device (code 10)."

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bobby

I have also done that. I can get the drivers installed.

upload_2015-6-16_14-41-59.png

But it shows this:
upload_2015-6-16_14-42-53.png

I have followed every bit of advice on this thread and many others. Thank you for all your help and your quick reply.

New threads

Members online