DM 3200/4800 - Windows 10 Compatibility - My Final Results

The IFFWDMmkII control panel is not locked as long as it's not being used. I can change settings.

Your issue has nothing to do with Cubase version

Its not locked? That's the issue. The drivers aren't communicating with your FW card. Are you using the Legacy OHCI 1394 driver as recommended? In Windows device manager, does it say it's working correctly? If yes, then I am pretty sure it's the chipset in the new FW card that's causing the problem. The IFFWDMMKII is very picky about which chipset it wants to play nice with. Please refer to that link I sent which discusses chipsets. I even provided links to working FW cards that I've used successfully.

I'm using the legacy drivers. Your explanations seems the only reasonable explanation. I'll order one of the ones you succesfully tested! I'll get back with an update when I've tried it! Thank you very much!

Hi cmaffia , I jsut wanna know what kind of - FireWire card - do you use please !
thank a lot for your answer

Still no go. My processors are four Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz.

Not descriptive enough. What do you mean by "still no go" what have you done since?

Hmm. System model only says "System Product Name". Could this be the issue?

I bought one of the fw-cards that were tested by you. It seems to work alright. I've tried all available drivers.

Again, you're not providing much info for anyone to assist. I'd go back to Windows 7 or use another computer to make sure it's not a hardware issue with your DM4800 or the IF/FW. It should work and has for many under Windows 10.

I'm sorry. I'm trying to provide all the info I can. I'm testing both Win 7 and Win 10. I can't see the name of the motherboard in either version for some reason. Do you think it could be a hardware problem with the mixer?

I honestly do not have any advice other than to test on another computer or another motherboard. It should work.

Oh, I found the motherboard on the receipt ASUS B150M-A, Socket-1151 Moderkort, mATX, B150, DDR4, 1xPCIe-x16, USB 3.0, VGA,DVI,HDMI

This is a discontinued board. Not sure how good it is but it's a micro-ATX motherboard. This certainly isn't a situation where it's a newer board that's not working with older PCIe cards. I'd try another computer to test or buy another motherboard.

I've tested two other computers! One worked! So it seems you're totally right. One last question! Do you know a motherboard you can recommend? Thank you for all your help!

I say bypass the Remote Layer and midi learn across both boards with a physical midi cable coming from the computer into the physical MIDI IN port in the board. That way your faders on screen will move the faers on the console as well.
It's been a while since I looked at your videos Jamsire. Am I correct in that the MIDI learn you are referring to needs to be done on a song by song basis? Thanks

Well, just set up a template based on your workflow and the midi stuff will always be there.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online