DM-3200 and additional speakers

Steff69

Hi,

I would like to connect a second speakers pair to a DM-3200. As the mixer has only one monitor output is there a smart way to connect an additional couple?
Thank you

The DM3200 has two sets of monitor outs.... a set of balanced 1/4" jacks labeled "CR" and a set of unbalanced RCA jacks labeled "Studio." The console's stereo output is reflected at both, and you can choose which set you listen to through the selector buttons to the right of the console.

Another thought:

If you run passive (unpowered) monitors, and want to use a single amp as the reference source - you can run the speakers into a switch box. I've used a cheapo 'Rat Shack' 3-way box (nearfields, small monitors, and mono/'sub') for quite awhile now. Evey few years, I have to spritz out the connectors and clean things up, but it's a very uninvolved, short maintenance procedure.

Here's an example with a 4 way selector:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=3198277

CaptDan

Gravity Jim said:
The DM3200 has two sets of monitor outs.... a set of balanced 1/4" jacks labeled "CR" and a set of unbalanced RCA jacks labeled "Studio." The console's stereo output is reflected at both, and you can choose which set you listen to through the selector buttons to the right of the console.
As an addition to this: make sure you set the 'Studio' output to copy from the CR output in the monitoring preferences.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.