DM 3200 IF-FW/DM mkII troubles

@jomamamojo Upgrading the mixer can't hurt and yes, that is done via TMCompanion

AFAIK, the latest firmware for the IFFW-DM mk II is 1.10.
Latest driver should be 1.30f9 (for Windows, anyway).

Yes 1.10 appears to be the latest. This is really frustrating.

Mac Pro (2008) OS Yosemite 10.10.5 DM 3200 firmware is 1.70, FW firmware is 1.30f10. The FW app says "device not found". On the DM it says Card status: OK, 1394: No cable

I've tried 3 cables, two of which are brand new and both FW ports on the Mac. I've tried all of the available FW drivers for the FW card. The card has the latest firmware. I haven't flashed the machine. I've also installed a trim enabler hoping for a work around on driver install issues.

I've seen this scenario play out on threads here from 2014 and still cannot find my magic solution. Can anyone shed some light? Any Mac users with the same-ish gear have any hope to give?

Last edited:
For what it's worth, the key to having my DM recognized on my Mac was in the Security and Privacy tab in the system preferences. The General tab required me to manually authorize the Tascam/Teac driver.

Hey Clinter. I read your posts on that and checked the Security and Privacy tab in hopes of a message regarding such. Nothing to see there. What is weird though, is that every time I shut the Mac down, I see a dialog box (grayed out) saying something like "continue with installation?". Then it shuts down without me being able to investigate further.

@jomamamojo Look for someone in your area who has either a 3200 / 4800. Test the FW expansion card in his/her machine. At least this way you can rule out the card as being the culprit.

Hi jomamamojo,

I just returned from break...how goes the new card? Is it working with the upgrade?

Hey Dan, happy new year! Holiday timing has def put the brakes on my quest. I'm coordinating a meet with a friend nearby-ish to test my card in his DM. Either the card is damaged or I'm a fool. maybe both. If the card turns out to be damaged, does Tascam still do repair?

I was able to test my IFFW-DM mk II at a friends studio on his working system. The card is not functioning (Card status: OK 1394: No cable). Same problems as in my system. So the question is: Where do I get the IFFW-DM mk II repaired?

*UPDATE*
I received the firewire card back from TAPElectronics. Very expensive repair, btw. But good news! The card has LOCKED to the Mac! Now onto the business of getting the DM-3200 and ProTools routing and i/o sorted. Thanks for the help through my struggle with this.

@jomamamojo Eureka! Finally. Now is when the fun begins. Best of luck. Enjoy!

Thanks for the update and congrats on getting it working. And like Peter says: Let the fun begin!

@jomamamojo
Glad you resolved your FireWire issues. Does anyone have information on where to purchase a card. I might be interested in purchasing one in the future.

The price is the price. I've seen them sell for $400-$450 in the past but they are rare and hard to find these days. It's probably the single most important optional card for the DM Series.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online