DM 4800 not working anymore

ERDAL

Website
www.erdalkizilcay.com
Gear owned
TASCAM DM 4800
Hi to all, I'm here with my DM 4800. And each times It shoes me wrong information + crackling even with the Word clock. First of all, I'm on Mac (Mojave 10.14.6) and I'm working aggregate devices, means I have (Fireface 800, Digi 002, Motu 2408 PCIe and Presonus 1824c. I've tried each one each, it shows me instead of 9-10 the 17-18. I check the analog cables they are right. And if I'm using DAW as an aggregate devices on (LPX 10.5.1 or Cubase 11 Pro; it will show me totally wrong information? Though I've made 3x factory reset, and all checked. Can't do anymore. It wasn't like that before, last year was working perfect. Is it really because of the Firmware and updates??? I am a Profi musician, and I have to finish a product.

Hi there, I'm a little confused here. Do you have multiple audio devices that you switch between? Crackling audio could mean firewire issues. Shows you 9-10 instead of 17-18 from where? What's changed from your working setup from last year?

I'm also struggling with the info in the first post.. I don't know much about Apple products - but one thing is for sure: for the Tascam DM mixers nothing has changed for years. I mean, the latest firmware or software is from 2014. So if it worked a year ago, you are probably looking at a problem at the computer/DAW side.

Yes, it might be DAW problem on Mac. I am using LPX 10.5.1. And on DAW, there is no more output from DM4800, I've checked every input; "NO GO" for the moment. I really like this mixer, will see in the future. Btw, Thx for your reply's..

Finally I've found out, my slots 3 x (Adat IF-AD/DM) are not working. Is it maybe because I have made a Factory Reset(Shift+1-2 Output assign) Obviously I have checked every aspects on this. So I think, the problem is, all the slots cards are not communicating with the mixer, but before it was working well. Is there anyway to fix this? Thx guys..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.