dm 4800 opamp

Yes. You will find in the input stage :
OPAs : BA15532N, NJM5532M
A/D : AK5385A
Discrete input stage before first OPA (BA15532N) : 2SA1084E & 2SC5395F

I notice that this input preamp has a fair quality : 5532 are known to be good and silent OPAs

I wonder how do they compare to the UA Apollo or the black lion audio opamps they use for their mods, just wondering

welchwelch said:
I wonder how do they compare to the UA Apollo or the black lion audio opamps they use for their mods, just wondering

For all intents and purposes, probably more or less equal. Perhaps B.Lion might offer a few db more dynamic range and slightly better S/N performance. Would it matter though? Hard to say.

If the DM series mixers were assembled in the US or Japan, their retail value might be at least twice what they've sold for thus far. Imagine paying $15K USD for a DM4800. There'd likely be less doubt and discussion about the component quality, despite it being the same stuff we're all using right now. Maybe there'd be a higher perceived regard based on greater cash outlay.

Another perspective, for what it's worth. ;)

CaptDan

5532 OPAs are well famed in the audio world, and it is a good surprise to find them in the DMs input board. It denotes the care of the Tascam ingeneers.
Of course you could change them, but you will need a lot of time and money, for a very light improvement. It's not worth the trouble IMHO...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.