DM-4800 with Pro Tools HUI error SOLVED!!

rmandelbaum

From
Austin, TX
Website
www.robertmdrums.com
Gear owned
DM4800
YOU MUST RUN PRO TOOLS AS ADMINISTRATOR
First I have to say how excited I am we have a TASCAM forum again~!!!!!!

I laso posted at the Avid forum and on gearslutz, I did not know this forum was up and running or I would have started here ;)

I just installed PT10 on a Win 7 pro 64 bit box, 16 gig ram i5 proc.

The I/O worked out of the box. I am trying to get the control surface part working.

It works partially, by this I mean I can get one way communication, the fader on the DM will move the faders in PT but not the other way around.

Transport control works correctly as well

Then I get the error below and it stops working. I clear the errors and it works again semi anyway for a few seconds

Here is the error and my configs:

HUI%20Error.JPG

midi%20setup.JPG

machine%20control%20pt10.png

EXT.%20Control%20PT10.png

I used this youtube video to set up my remote layer and it worked perfectly. I used a mac, not PC but I don't think it will make a difference, the pro tools 10 settings should be the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm away from my console but when I'm back on it tomorrow I will compare my screen settings with yours to see if I notice anything different.

I've written several detailed posts about it, most recently a few days ago. But if you're not mixing OTB, it's irrelevant at this point.

However, if you're interested, search this forum for 'Protools 9, Protools 10; automated mixing; MTC, etc.'

CaptDan

Hello rmandelbaum,
At the end, did you solved your problem? because I have exactly the same one with same config, and I can't find a solution here!
Can you help me?!
thanks

Hi guys, I'm not using PT but Logic, is it not possible in protools to assign 3 hui to get 24 layers with a DM4800 ?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.