DM24 Screen Repair

I bought the 2Seemy Solution about a year ago, when I first heard about it I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough, I was so excited. It changed it all, a major game changer, fell in love with the DM24 all over again, seems like a no brainer to me, I'm running a dedicated 20" monitor vga and its a HUGE improvement over that tiny shitty blue screen, I can't fathom why one would want to replace that piece of shit. Thank the Lord that that french fellow from Niece, France actually developed this product, pay him and rejoice in the love you once had and now is greater than ever. Seriously, it's like your girlfriend just returned with a breast job and you simultaneously got a penis enlargement, and you savour the moment you both take the bandages off and go hog wild, ....it's that great!!!!
Haha, you are from 2seemy, aren't you?

Hi all,

So several years later, I finally dust down my DM24 again with a determination to repair it.

I went ahead and ordered a new LCD from a chinese supplier on ebay - and I suspect that I might need to perform the resistor modification. However, the board layout and component numbering is different on the PCB that I got. R3 is close to the same chip (LA6324N) as on the instructions earlier in this thread, but I cannot be sure that it is the same component, or even what it's value is.

I suppose the first thing to do is install it in the DM24 and see what happens. I suppose I might be lucky and not need to modify the new LCD? ;)

Attachments

• 20160326_142316.jpg
    20160326_142316.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 61
Hi!

Just found another way out to get rid of the lines in the DM-24 display. Since i stored the DM-24 in a room with a high humiditylevel the lines began to appear. With a heardryer (föhn) I blew hot air into the topgrid of the screen for several minutes. At first nothing seemed to happen, but when i took a look after i waiting an hour, half of the lines disappeared! It seems like the lines dissappear when the screen cools down. So I repeated this till i was happy with the result.

Pictures before and after (with contrastknob turned to left):

Before
IMG_3595.JPG

After
IMG_3603.JPG

Hopefully this will help some people out! At least my DM-24 is workable again. :)

Last edited:
Hello,

does anyone know if there are LCD screens for the DM 24 available in the meantime?

I would rather appreciate a new LCD than the 2seemy option.

guenter06

Any repair or replacement is a short term solution. Bullet proof and cost effective plan is get the 2SeeMy card IMO.

cmaffia Moderator Staff Member

Any repair or replacement is a short term solution. Bullet proof and cost effective plan is get the 2SeeMy card IMO.

cmaffia,
why a "short term solution"? What is the problem with a replacement? There are millions of LCDs working.

@guenter06 It's no secret and a well documented fact that the LCD screen used in the DM line of mixers is the machine's weakest link. The replacement isn't an improved revision and will last as long as the original and in some cases less. I have 2 dm3200's and had replaced the LCD screen 3 times before upgrading both to the the 2seemy solution. If it hasn't happened to yours after 3-4 years then consider yourself lucky. History shows it's only a matter of time before you get a line and once that happens, its terminal. I'd bet the majority here will tell you they've either replaced or live with lines in their screens. My 3rd and final replacement direct from Tascam cost me $238 including shipping. Tascam only provides a 90-day warranty. It lasted 10 months.

Don't Feel bad. I have had to replace the display screen on a Yamaha console that cost $21,000 and it took two guys to move it around and turn it over. It looked good when done but how long will it last being on 24/7? Not my problem as I am no longer Chief Engineer there anymore. The back light went out.

why a "short term solution"? What is the problem with a replacement? There are millions of LCDs working.
Considering the bad rep on these displays, it's at least a stab in the dark.. I replaced my DM3200 display with the original part once and it has stayed OK up till now (knock on wood), but I consider it pure luck. I have the 2Seemy too, so if this one fails I won't replace it again.

Years later, but the Same Problem.

have this screen buyed at eBay.
resized-926544060-8108827a-557b-4a07-8899-d.jpeg
926544060-8108827a-557b-4a07-8899-d

https://bilderupload.org/bild/926544060-8108827a-557b-4a07-8899-d
https://bilderupload.org/bild/fc4944349-b75752b1-7741-4194-b4ee-c

i have to do the condensator Change to 27kohm?!

Anybody knows if it is still the Same condensator is to change? R3?

New threads

Members online