DP-32 error after song rename - time sensitive!

Duality

Gear owned
TASCAM DP-32
Hello Community!
I'm looking for a savior here! I was up all night finishing a soundtrack song for an upcoming indy film and was super happy with the results. This morning, I was going to write it onto CD and then download on my laptop so I could send it off to the producers. However, before I wrote the song to disc, I wanted to rename the title since it only generically was named 'Move'. After doing so, I then went through the same process I've gone through hundreds of times before, but to my dismay, the song wasn't showing in my list of mastered songs that could be burned to CD. If I exited out of the CD creation option, I could go to the home screen and find the renamed song, and could also load it up and listen to the master. But again, when attempted to write to disc it isn't appearing anywhere and also looked to make sure I wasn't overlooking in case it was given a different generic name for whatever reason. Periodically, while going through that cycle, I would get an error message.

Can anyone please give insights if possible? I need to send off this song over the next day so this is extremely troubling. Kicking myself for renaming the song last second but I've done so in the past without any issue so not sure what changed in this instance. Thank you in advance for your time replying!

Cheers,

Duality

** UPDATE since this morning: I reverted the edited song name back to what it was originally titled to see if that would work, to see if the song would appear within the list of mastered songs, and it did not. I also created a second copy of the song, allowing the system to give a generic name (Song_014) and that also did not work.

Last edited:
If you connect your DP to a laptop and navigate the project file folders and audio depot, what do you see? Anything with a time stamp around the time you finished mastering?

Your Issue
  • Before you wrote the song to CD, you renamed it [assume:Menu/Song/Name Edit]...
  • The renamed song did not appear in list of mastered songs that could be burned to CD...
  • Exited out of the CD creation option, went to the home screen, found and loaded the renamed song and listened to the master...
  • Periodically got an error message...
  • Reverted the edited song name to what it was originally to see if the original song would appear within the CD list of mastered songs, and it did not...
  • Created a second copy of the song [assume: Menu/Song/Copy] using a generic name and that too did not solve the problem.
Things we need to know:
  1. Have you updated to the most current firmware?
  2. Are you using a TASCAM tested/approved SD card?
  3. What error message are you getting periodically?
  4. What does the Owner Manual's Trouble Shooting section indicate the the error message means and how to resolve the issue?
  5. Since you can Load the renamed song, can you export the tracks to Audio Depot and Import them back into a newly created song?

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
The song is still there because you can play the master. So use the USB connection and download it from the song's folder. I presume that is what you are sending and that the CD creation issues are secondary.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Thank you all! You all are awesome! I honestly have been using my machine as a complete stand-alone unit and have never even had to hook it up to my laptop since purchasing it years ago. Realize firmware updates would be appropriate but it didn't even come to mind since never had 1 issue over the years until today. I was able to connect my laptop via USB, enter the Music folder, find the WAV file intact and copy it over to my laptop. I listened to the file and it's perfect. Lifesavers! Thanks again for your time and willingness to help. Totally made my day. Take care!

Now that you've found us, don't leave just yet! There is an entire section on DP related production tips and the sticky (pinned) topics are indexed. I'm sure you can benefit from all the knowledge in those threads and videos.

We're glad everything worked out for you, @Duality.

Yeah, being able to connect to a computer and access the WAV files is fantastic.

Note you can also export individual tracks, not just your stereo mail downs or masters. BUT on the DP 24/32 you should only access individual tracks using the export function (which will send the desired tracks as WAV files to the audio depot folder).

This opens possibilities to work partially in DAW or share/collaborate with others. There’s even some folks here who use two DP units simultaneously to record a live band with more than 8 inputs.

Let us know how your project goes.

Reactions: Stew71

New threads

Members online

No members online now.