DP-32 Firmware v1.04 and stuff

Jimi Jones

Gear owned
Korg Kronos, Tascam DP-32
Hello Everyone,

I'm kinda new here, anyway today I made a deal of the century, after looking for about 4 mos now for the original DP-32, the model with MIDI and the CD burner, I found a guy selling one on EBAY this morning at around 6:30am, I pulled the trigger and purchased it for $454.78, low and behold he was about 30 miles away from me here in the SF Bay Area, and he drove down here to San Jose, CA. to deliver it to me in person, now I can send back my recently purchased DP-32SD and I didn't even open the box yet, now I won't, excuse me people but Tascam made a really BAD MISTAKE omitting MIDI, and MTC from the original DP-32, well I opened the box and turned on the unit to check for functionality, and its working like a charm, the interesting thing is the firmware says v1.04, I went to the Tascam website and they don't even have v1.04 firmware on the site, they only have v1.03, so I was wondering where did v1.04 come from, and then it came to me....sort of, I think I was more fortunate than I even realized, v1.04 was the last firmware version installed in brand new DP-32's just before they pulled the plug on them and discontinued the original DP-32's, and replaced them with the DP-32SD, funny thing though, why didn't Tascam at least upload the v1.04 to their website for others out there with the original DP-32 that still have v1.03, and may want to upgrade..?, things that make you say hmmmmm..!

Jimi Jones
Proud New Owner of the Real DP-32

Members online