DR-05X every card is invalid

bigote94

Gear owned
DR-05X
Since I got my recorder, it has been doing very weird stuff.
At first it started freezing randomly when recording and playing audio, then it showed sometimes a "invalid card" message, that would fix changing to another SD.
But since two weeks ago, every SD that I use is invalid. Even the SD that I recorded some audio with.

I've contacted support to no avail (got no response) and I've tried everything I've read online.

What should I do?

Have you tried updating/reinstalling the firmware?
Mine was stuck on 'hold' and after I updated the firmware, it came back to life.

I've tried, but I need a SD card to do that isn't it? Is there any other method?

Reactions: IrishChippy
Have you tried? Plug into USB port/ Switch on/ scroll to USB and find utility folder. Insert unzipped file in that folder. turn off. Hold down I<< and Mark buttons whilst switching back on. Follow the instructions

Yes I've tried, but Windows doesn't detect the SD properly. Windows says it has to format it but isnt able to do so.

Ooops
If Windows detects it and cannot read, the card may be faulty. Plug the card directly to the PC with a card reader. Try to read it or just format it.

I've tried every card available, formatted them on my PC, even tried them on other devices like phones and cameras and they work perfectly. The error comes from the TASCAM side I'm afraid.

Okay. Try this. Make a folder on the card and call it "Utility". Put the firmware file DR05X_064.112 in the utility folder. Put the card back in the recorder. Hold down << and Mark buttons whilst switching back on. Follow the instructions

Reactions: -mjk- and bigote94

New threads

Members online

No members online now.