DR-07x Plug in Power Issue

spareknacker

Gear owned
DR-07x
Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted before but I've just received a new DR-07x and I'm having issues with plug in powered external microphones.
What's happening is that if I connect an external mic without plug in power turned on, the built-in mics on the recorder completely cut out as they should but as soon as plug in power is turned on, the built-in mics are recording a quiet signal along with the signal from the external mic. The signal they are picking up is much quieter than if there is no external microphone connected at all but it is loud enough to pick up wind noise and movement noise from being in my pocket.

I've searched online and on here to see if this is an issue other people have had but haven't found anything.

I have 2 plug in power mics (Roland CS-10em and Sony ecm-ms907) and the issue is the same whichever is connected to the recorder.

Can anyone tell me if I've missed a setting in the menus or if they have the same issue I'm getting?

If it's a faulty device I'll send it back and try a replacement but if it's the same across the board, I'll get a refund and look at something else.

Oh and I have updated to the latest firmware and it's still the same.

Hopefully someone can help confirm one way or the other.

Thanks
Tom

New threads

Members online

No members online now.