DR-44WL freezes during firmware update from v1.12 to v1.13

FloW

Gear owned
DR-44WL
Hi,

i wanted to update the firmware of my DR-44WL but obviously the device freezes during the update.
The installed system firmware was v1.12 and the wi-fi firmware was v1.01.

I've checked the installation manual within the release notes of v2.13, where i found the info that i have to update to v1.13 first before i can update to higher versions. So i downloaded v1.13, copied the file to the utility-folder on the device and started the update process (powering on while holding the menu and the forward button). But after a while i recognized that it got stuck.

The following info is on the screen since hours:

Wi-Fi F/W UPDATE
DR-44WL_C_91.113
System 1.12 -> 1.13
Wi-Fi 1.01 -> 1.02
Phase 1
Writing..
[ 01/07 ]

Does anyone know what to do (besides contacting tascam support)? Any help is appreciated.

BR
FloW

OMFG, updating firmware on DR-44WL are truely a pain in the ass!!!

The firmware v1.13 tried to update Wi-Fi first to v1.02. This is the part which was not working. So I plucked up all my courage and turned the device off by removing the power source. After restarting the DR-44WL without any issue it show v9.99 for wi-fi firmware.

What i can say right now is, that the recorder freezes at the wi-fi part everytime the firmware update wants to perform both, a system and a wi-fi update at once. Fortunately it doesn't brick the device after removing the power.

The good part is that I was able to update the firmwares to the next version without having any issues if the wi-fi firmware shows v9.99 after a faulty firmware update. It took me a lot of "try and error" and every time before removing the powersource i had cold sweat of fear dripping from my forehead, but in the end i could successfully update the firmware to v2.14 (system) and v2.00 (wi-fi).

New threads

Members online