Drum tracks

andythetee

I planning on getting a dp-32 very soon but the real issue i have is i dont know the best way of sorting out drum tracks for it that will sound good. I want something hardware based where i can sequence a drum track either before or after recording the other parts and it will all sync up. I dont want to spend much really with £200 being about the upper limit. I dont need lots of features, just something that sounds like a good acoustic kit would be great.

Just to cover all my bases, it i chose to just do the drums afterwards, how difficult would it be to use something like the ez drummer plugin if i exported everything to a daw. Would it all sync up?

Last edited:
I don't know about programming drums much but I've heard Hydrogen is free and easy. I like to use GarageBand drums on my iPad. I'll record to a click and add my drums in later. The app has a roll the dice feature that sets up random rhythms and I dig the chaotic nature of it. I also like the app drumjam, a little easier to control but it's more like world music drums and aux percussion stuff. Good luck.
Rock on.

The new DP-32 does not have MIDI so I don't think syncing anything is possible.

I sequenced a drum part for a song using drumbot. It exports as a WAV. I them imported that to my DP-24. Built my song around it, then was able to go back to drumbot and tweak the patterns and re-load it back into the DP-24 and everything synced up fine. As long as you don't change the measures or the timing.

New threads

Members online