Dual battery problem with Dr-100 mkii

Sutnevju

Gear owned
Dr-100 mkii
Dear Forum members,

it happened several times that with both Li-ion and AA batteries installed the DR-100MKII shuts off when the Li-Ion battery is drained, instead of switching to the AA batteries. This is very annoying and I have lost several longer recordings due to this. The manual says it switches from the main battery to the backup battery automatically, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is anyone else experiencing this?

The Firmware I have installed is "1.03 0032", which is weird because the last Firmware reported for this device is 1.02. I bought the device as new in January 2017 with this Firmware version already on the device.

I contacted Tascam’s support, but besides being extremely slow in the response they have not been very helpful. Their advice was the following:

“We believe the problem might be caused by insufficient contact of the AA backup batteries within the battery compartment. Please make sure the batteries are placed correctly and that the little springs inside the battery compartment are not bent away from the battery contact in any way.”

This is definitely not the case as the device works well when just on backup batteries.

Thanks for any advice!
Marco

Why not install the latest software from the website and see what happens?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The latest firmware version on the website is 1.02, which is below what I have on my device so the device won’t allow me to downgrade. I have asked Tascam support on how I could downgrade the firmware but got no response.

I an surprised at your poor communication with Tascam I found the very good? I don’t know which country your in but try the Australian or European website and support from those sites?

I got in touch with them through the European site, they responded from Germany, but were very slow and not helpful...I’ll try the australian one, thanks!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.