Export quality

brad.8

Gear owned
Tascam 24
Hello,

I've recently purchased the tascam 24 and really love the sound quality, but I've noticed when I export a mixdown of my tracks the quality is significantly reduced. I was able to verify this by exporting all of the track files into a daw program on my computer and the track files were high quality (identical to the tascam mixer sound board). Am I doing something wrong, does anyone know why the exported wave mixdown loses fidelity?

When you say you export a mix down, how did you do that? Also, when you say "the exported wave mix down loses fidelity" but the track files were "identical to the tascam mixer sound board", do you mean volume-wise or a loss of frequencies/distortion added into the signal?

It's well known that the levels on the Model 24 and 16 are low when imported into a DAW, but that can be "fixed" by bumping the levels up to where you want them in your DAW. I haven't heard of any problems with distortion, etc. when that's done, either.

Please let us know more details and we'll see what our members can come up with for you.

Welcome to the group, btw!

New threads

Staff online

Members online