FW-1884: coax in does not bring a stereo signal but a (mono?) mixdown instead

Cedric

Gear owned
FW-1884
Hi,
I'm sending the output of a Roland QuadCapture audio interface to the FW-1884 through a coaxial cable.

It works when I go into monitoring mode and enable Pre-faders - Kind of.

The signal is wrong: it seems as if I get a stereo->mono->ch1 mono + channel 2 mono instead of getting ch1 left + ch2 right.
It is apparent when looking at the stereo LED level meters, which show exactly the same left and right.
To double-check, I created a completely asymetrical stereo file with drum on the left and pads on the right.
I could confirm I'm not hearing left and right, I'm hearing a mixdown, probably monox2.

-> Is there any way to configure the FW-1884 to get a real stereo signal from coax in ?
-> While I would be very surprised, could the Quadcapture be at fault, sending a mixdown instead of stereo?

SOLVED.

1. Do not use PFL
2. Set channels 1 & 2 monitor level to unity gain: SHIFT + SEL
3. Set Master Monitor level to unity. MAST 0db/F10 key

Works perfectly.

The montage may seem strange, but it enables to assign one audio interface to Windows, and the other to DAWs, while having loudspeakers only connected to one of the audio interface.
This way, there are zero problems caused by switching a single audio interface from Windows to a DAW.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.