Gday from Down Under

BazzBass

Soundaholic
From
Down Under
Gear owned
DP32SD, 2488, DR40
Hi all,

I'm Bazz and ummm I play bass in three original acts.

In an hour I'm about to start recording one of my bands using my recently bought Tascam 2488. Got sick of all the changes and tweaks I had to make on a Windows pc running Reaper, then learning all the Reaper commands for simple things like punch in/out recording.
Bought it used,obviously, and whilst new to this machine, my bandmates thru the 80s had portastudios that we did a lot of recording on, so I should be OK. I've read the manual and it all makes sense.
I've gleaned a lot from the various posts on here so I'm feeling confidant. We don't time sync or autotune,we record most tracks live,adding solos and other instruments later.
cheers,
Bazz

Reactions: -mjk-
hi @BazzBass and welcome to the Tascam Forums. We're looking forward to your participation and hopefully hearing some tracks you've cut posted to the Song forum.

thank you, and I will. Unfortunately my mother, who I am a carer for, fell ill and I had to cancel the session :(
Just knowing there is a forum to go to if I get stuck has eased my anxiety about learning new technology hehe

Welcome. Like you, i am a bass player who’s just got into recording in order to try to get my band’s originals out. Quite a journey ahead... but fun stuff. It does take a lot of time however. But I figure it’s something that can be used, enjoyed and improved upon for years to come.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online