Guitar effects for DP24SD

Steve Abercrombie

Gear owned
Tascam DP-24SD
I have a DP-24SD and I am trying to figure out how to apply different guitar effects to each track.

Currently the effects only apply to whatever track is selected.

For example, I select track 6 and want the guitar to have chorus, then I want phaser on track seven's guitar.

As it is now I only get one effect on whichever track is selected. If I am on 7 with the phaser, then track 6 goes clean.

How can a make the effects stay on each track?

If it helps all guitars are assigned to track H.

Thanks.

Hi Steve, there's only one guitar insert effect block so you can't use more than one instance at any one time. There's a summary of this here (http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dp24-32-fx-definitive-summary-of-effects.4162/) which might clarify things. The chorus is also available as a Send effect so you could use this on multiple tracks simultaneously, but if you want multiple guitar insert effects the only way I can think of is to make multiple passes after the recording using the bounce function. This is like mixdown, but because the result is recorded onto a spare track, you can do further bounces and insert the effect into a different track for each pass. If you use mixdown you only get one pass as the mixdown result (master file) cannot be re-processed using any track effects unless you do some trickery like copying the file to the AudioDepot folder using a computer and re-importing it to a free track.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.