Hi, assistance with i/f error on Tascam DP008EX

Matthew Lee

Gear owned
DP008EX
Hi everyone, I am looking for a solution to this I/F Error on my Tascam DP008EX. It is brand new, I just bought it a month or so ago. Its really great but I dont know what this error means? I reformatted my SD Card because I thought I had run out of space..an 8GB SD card. I lost my songs but thats ok.
I updated the firmware but it was already updated to the most recent version (1.01 0022)
One thing I found that I did incorrectly was use phantom power from the DP008EX and also have on the phantom power from my vocal processor...so i guess TWO phantom powers on at the same mic? I am not sure if that is incorrect or possibly caused damage?
The vocal pedal is the TC Helicon Duplicator.

Anyways if anyone can suggest a cause and solution I would be thrilled! Thanks for now,

Matt

try the phantom power without the Duplicator to see. make sure you have a condenser mic. I also have the same setup. I had no sound but in my case it was a bad mic cord.

Thanks for your reply! I am wondering now if it is because one xlr cable is no good. It doesn’t work unless plugged in the right order, my newer xlr is fine with no issues. I had to do some switching around with xlr cables to get the duplicator pedal and condenser and tascam to work. In short: do you think it could be a bad xlr? Ty

New threads

Members online

No members online now.