High pitch noise when touch fader.

Antony

Gear owned
Dm4800 msr16
Hi all.

When I touch my faders on the 4800 I get a very high pitch noise. Not all the time I might add. Is this and earth loop issue. Could it be a patchbay issue.

Antony.

I think this is normal - my desk has done it from day 1 ;)

Great good too know, thought I had earth loop, how do I disable.?

Yes, this is an issue.
Kind of weird...
I had a day where the sound was very audible...
Clients complaining and asking if my system was O.K.
Now back to normal.

I had this issue from day one as well but when I replaced my Yamaha NS-1000 speakers and it's preamp last month with Yamaha HS80's, this problem is now gone!

waterstrum said:
Yes, this is an issue.
Kind of weird...
I had a day where the sound was very audible...
Clients complaining and asking if my system was O.K.
Now back to normal.
Really?? They were actually complaining?? Tough crowd! If someone was actually complaining I would have told them thanks for their concern but to mind their effin business lol.

The first time I noticed it, I just felt grateful that I mix in a room so quiet and well-balanced (and that I'd preserved my hearing well enough all these years) that I could hear it!

Reactions: CopyRon
Gravity Jim said:
The first time I noticed it, I just felt grateful that I mix in a room so quiet and well-balanced (and that I'd preserved my hearing well enough all these years) that I could hear it!

The noise is quit loud and only seems to happen when I'm holding a mic, so that's why I was wondering about an earth loop.....

So, this is NOT the noise we're all referring too, the barely audible high-pitched, less-than-a-second hum that happens normally as part of the touch sensitivity function.

It would have been helpful to mention "loud" and "only happens when I'm holding a mic" when you described the problem. Yeah, sounds like it might be a grounding issue.

Ok. How loud is a piece of string. If a track is playing its unaudible. It happens randomly but mainly when mics are open. But if you guys say its normal....

What's normal is a very, very quiet, high-pitched (like a beep or a whistle) sound that is associated with touching one of the faders, anytime, regardless of whether anything is plugged in or not.

Is that what's happening? Or are you talking about something associated with holding an open mic in your hand when you touch the fader, or what?

Because if your clients can hear it, then I don't think it's the sound we've all called "normal."

New threads

Members online

No members online now.