How do I hard reset?

Discussion in 'Model 24' started by supermegadrone, Dec 11, 2019.

1. supermegadrone

supermegadrone New Member

Gear:
    Tascam Model 24
    I'm getting a frozen "Model 24" screen at startup after a few uses, I've unplugged it, switched sd cards, turned it on and off again several times quickly, tapped the screen with my finger, banged the side of the console with my fists, even took it out for dinner and a movie and it's still frozen. Does anyone know how to perform a hard reset because I'm running out of ideas and all my friends only use fostex and can suck it. Thanks <3
  2. Mark Richards

Mark Richards Well-Known Member

Southern USA
    Gear:
    DP-24, vintage 40-4
    OM p47

Initialize:?:

Something to consider: Others who use TASCAM professional products that use SD cards for storage have found that cards not on the tested/approved list almost always fail at some point, causing boot up and file error problems.

OM p18.

About SD cards
    This unit uses SD cards for recording and playback. This unit can use SD cards that are Class 10 or higher and compatible with SD, SDHC or SDXC standards. A list of SD cards that have been confirmed for use with this unit can be found on our web site. Please access to a product page of this product from the TEAC Global Site (http://teac-global.com) to find the list or contact the TASCAM customer support service

Note about formatting
    SD cards formatted by this unit are optimized to improve performance during recording. Use this unit to format the SD cards to be used with it. Errors might occur when recording with this unit using an SD card formatted by a computer or other device.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Brute Coan, -mjk- and supermegadrone like this.
  3. supermegadrone

supermegadrone New Member

Gear:
    Tascam Model 24
    I solved my own problem by turning it on while pressing and holding the jog wheel down a la enter function.

Thanks, me <3
  4. Matthew Fogel

Matthew Fogel New Member

Niagara, Canada
    Gear:
    Model2, Porta05, Model 24