Frozen Screen, Hard Reset?

supermegadrone

Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
I'm getting a frozen "Model 24" screen at startup after a few uses, I've unplugged it, switched sd cards, turned it on and off again several times quickly, tapped the screen with my finger, banged the side of the console with my fists, even took it out for dinner and a movie and it's still frozen. Does anyone know how to perform a hard reset because I'm running out of ideas and all my friends only use fostex and can suck it. Thanks <3

Does anyone know how to perform a hard reset
OM p47

Initialize:?:

I'm getting a frozen "Model 24" screen at startup after a few uses
Something to consider: Others who use TASCAM professional products that use SD cards for storage have found that cards not on the tested/approved list almost always fail at some point, causing boot up and file error problems.

OM p18.

About SD cards
This unit uses SD cards for recording and playback. This unit can use SD cards that are Class 10 or higher and compatible with SD, SDHC or SDXC standards. A list of SD cards that have been confirmed for use with this unit can be found on our web site. Please access to a product page of this product from the TEAC Global Site (http://teac-global.com) to find the list or contact the TASCAM customer support service

Note about formatting
SD cards formatted by this unit are optimized to improve performance during recording. Use this unit to format the SD cards to be used with it. Errors might occur when recording with this unit using an SD card formatted by a computer or other device.

Last edited:
I solved my own problem by turning it on while pressing and holding the jog wheel down a la enter function.

Thanks, me <3

Reactions: Matthew Fogel
I can't get it to reset. Is there another way? Been Working fine until tonight.

Got the same problem here and the reset protocol doesn't seem to work on my end. Is it just restarting the unit with the Jog pushed in?

I haven’t used my model 24 for awhile, so when I turned it on today the menu button would not work. The screen just stayed on tascam model 24.

I can't get it to reset. Is there another way? Been Working fine until tonight.
Got the same problem here and the reset protocol doesn't seem to work on my end. Is it just restarting the unit with the Jog pushed in?
I haven’t used my model 24 for awhile, so when I turned it on today the menu button would not work. The screen just stayed on tascam model 24.

1. If you're using the Model 24 as a stand-alone unit and the solutions in Post #3 and #4 failed, then you should probably contact TASCAM support through the Model 24 support page.
  2. If you're using your Model 24 connected to a computer via USB, then disconnect from the computer and try #1 above.
  3. If it's the connection to the computer causing the issue, there are two computer related posts in the Tips & Tricks Sticky that may provide some direction. The Stickies are the pinned threads at the top of the Forum.
  4. TASCAM support generally will not help with computer related issues, as there are too many unknown variables to consider on the computer end.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllanW

New threads

Members online