How do you factory reset. DR-40?

Generator

Gear owned
DR-40
I have read suggestions for various problems that a factory reset should be tried. I can get into tsst ode by holding down quick and left arrow while pressing home. Once in that mode I can press menu and be presented with a laundry list of test options. Which is used to execute a factory reset? I thought perhaps it would be ROM option which presents a EEPROM check option with options READ and WRITE. If I select write it says “are you sure?” I am not sure. Is this a refresh of the boot settings? Help!

No. Don't do that.

Welcome to the forum. Are you talking about a different type of factory reset?
According to the manual, the Initialise function restores all settings to their factory defaults.
Home Screen, MENU, OTHERS, SYSTEM, INITIALIZE

Reactions: Generator
Thanks, Phil. Bad news for me as I cannot access the home screen. Power on results in a brief flash of 3 screens then dead. I can achieve a persistent “on” state only within the test mode. I guess it’s time to retire it.

I cannot access the home screen
Haha, that crucial piece of missing information! :)
No worries. I don't know what to suggest apart from a repair shop or Tascam themselves? Seems a shame to write off a nice piece of gear for something which could be as simple as re-seating connections or re-flashing the firmware maybe?
Good luck.

Reactions: -mjk-
If you want to completely return the DR-40 to factory new, out-of-the-box condition:
Remove the batteries, and WAIT for a long period of time (I would wait at least an hour or two), in order to drain any reserve charge.
Then install a fresh set of batteries, and turn the unit on. It should behave like the very first time you turned it on. You should be prompted to set the clock, etc.

Good luck!

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.