I Can't Tell You Why, Eagles 1978

Rene Asologuitar

Gear owned
recorder
Pls let me know your feedback and recommendations on this recording.
No Tascam gear on this recording.

*** Update 28-Sep-2022 Moderator action ***
Song link and all similar threads by this member have been deleted.
See following posts for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there's no doubt your singing and playing is excellent Rene - I like quite a lot of these... but imho I feel all these posts are taking some liberties with the forum.
I don't know if the administrator(s) deliberately left the 'Tracks for review' topic open-ended or if they intended it for recordings only involving Tascam gear, but either way, the dozens of posts have not shown any progress or improvement in production, e.g. the background hiss and hum must be clearly audible by yourself, but there doesn't appear to be any attempt to clean it up.
Apologies if this sounds unduly harsh, but all the posts have the same or similar setup with acoustic guitar and you singing live, so it just looks like you are going through your back-catalogue of music purely to gain views and subscriptions to your YouTube channel. You actually say 'Please subscribe' at the end of this one!
I wouldn't wish to discourage *any* musician but I think there are other channels on the internet which would be better suited for promoting your own music.
These are only my own thoughts and I may be completely out of place here, so if anyone else wants to add their views, please chime in.

Phil, I have (and vented) the same sentiment about these posts, without any reply from Rene. And now with the added blatant promotion of the YouTube channel, in my view these posts (and the extreme number of them) go against the atmosphere and intent of these forums. There is no giving (sharing experiences, giving tips) but a lot of taking (the use of forum space and taking a lot of attention, esecially in this forum section). The title is 'Song Mixes: Tracks for review and critique', not 'Promote Your Performances Without Any Relevance to Tascam'.

Phil, and Arjan, I'm a member of this website to help members learn how to use, or how to improve on their use of, TASCAM multitrack gear.

I'm a member of this website to help members who are actually seeking constructive criticism about their recording efforts using TASCAM gear, and who then actually act on the critiques.

This is not the "Rene Channel", and I'm NOT here to "discover" or "promote" talent. That's what SoundCloud is for.

Quite frankly, no one should be granted the privilege of membership who chooses to monopolize this forum to the detriment of other members by making it difficult to find threads by other talented members (like Christophe Bradel and many more) who are using TASCAM gear and are seeking actual help.

If this comes across as harsh, so be it. I have zero interest in wading through the 45 or so (and counting) of these self-focused, consecutive spam threads by this member. I don't use the "Ignore" option very often, but in this case, it's the only way to remove the spam clutter Rene has created in this forum. So you won't see me interact any further in this thread, or any other of his threads. He's now on "Ignore". Poof. Gone. Doesn't exist.

Last edited:
I have asked Rene to stop posting YouTube videos. Simply stated, this is not the appropriate venue for this content.

The door is still open however because he may eventually acquire some Tascam equipment and become interested in multitrack recording. At any rate, he's not actually being banned and he certainly hasn't been disrespectful. Like I said, it's basically a misunderstanding.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.