I/F Error on brand new DP-008EX

PopTart

Gear owned
Tascam DP-008EX
I get an "I/F Error- Power Off" message window that pops up on my brand new DP-008EX that I've owned for 2 days. The firmware is current.
I notice it mostly happens after I've been doing a bunch of takes so I'm wondering if maybe it's just the history that needs to be cleared occasionally. When the error occurs and I have to power off, I end up losing any unsaved changes to the track I've been working on so I've been saving frequently to mitigate the challenges of this error.
Anyone have any suggestions on a fix for this? Nothing in the forum has provided a fix relevant to my situation.
I might also reach out to Tascam about this if I can't get a solution here. I have the DP-004 from 15 years ago and it still works perfectly, but I really wanted to upgrade which is why I got this one.
Open to any advice on this!

Sorry you're having an issue @PopTart. I suggest that you contact the supplier and have them advise you.

return it for a new one. If it re-occurs then you have a choice to make, live with the problem or buy something else.

Update V1.01 was a fix for I/F ERROR occuring when SD card maxed out during recording. Try transferring the SD files to another device (PC or SSD), then reformatting the SD to begin anew.

If this doesn't help, follow @-mjk- 's advice and contact the supplier. After that, contacting Tascam may be your only alternative.

Reactions: dctdct

New threads

Members online