If-fw/dm mkii & windows 11

DukeOfURL

From
New York
Website
www.dorm40music.com
Gear owned
DM3200 and more
Does anyone know if the IF-FW/DM mkII will work with Windows 11? It works fine under Windows 10 although I thought it was a little more stable under Windows 7.

I don't like the idea of moving on to a new console because things are heading to a new O/S and even the software I use may not be supported under the old O/S. I know this is fact of life, but I don't have to like it. I'm happy with the DM3200. It does everything I want it to do and more.

If anyone has taken the plunge, let us know.

Reactions: mixerizer
My windows 10 updated to W11 and everything worked except lots of drop outs with IF-FW/DM mkII so I went back to W10 where it works just fine.
Now it should be noted that I am using a thunderbolt 3 card with an asus z490 with cable adaptors instead of a firewire card, but it works just fine with my dm4800. no drop outs!!
Now if we could get someone to make thunderbolt adaptor card for the DM4800 it would solve latency and futureproof our DM4800/3200.

Interesting. I've got an Asus X99 with the Thunderbolt option connected to an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter on Win 10. 99% of the time there's no problems. That 1% is problematic, however. No audio passes through the board and it's a head-scratcher for a while. A re-boot fixes things but you've wasted time chasing down a problem. Then you'll do the entire sequence over again in a few weeks and think to yourself, "Oh yeah. I was supposed to re-boot".

I don't think anyone will develop a Thunderbolt card for the 3200/4800. Both consoles are out of production and I'm sure the development would be costly. Even 2seeme will be shutting down soon if he hasn't already. You would think he would continue for a while and make similar products for consoles like the Behringer Wing.

In any event, I may give Win 11 a try; throw a couple sticks of TNT in the water as see what floats. As you know, Microsoft gives you 10 days for the "My God, what was I thinking" so you can uninstall it.

Reactions: Glantz Media
My DM-3200 console and Windows 11 system with Apple firewire adapters to thunderbolt will take the plunge soon. My system is a Gigabyte Z690 AERO D with thunderbolt 4. Intel 12900KS, 64 GB RAM 1 TB system drive and 2 TB media drive. Currently, everything works great with Windows 10 latest version and Cubase 11 and 12 Pro on an older X58 chipset motherboard with firewire card. If thunderbolt would be the issue, then I can use a firewire card in the new system. Interested in other's experience here. Oh, and yeah I'm currently using the 176851 1.30f9 driver in Windows.

Found this on Reddit... Fresh installation of Windows 11 on a brand new machine. Latency is horrific.

Well, yes the IF-FW/DM MkIi works under Windows 11. Been testing with a continuous playback of Rush. So far the driver shows a max DPC of 382.

New threads

Members online