IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

Hi folks, as Mac OSX Catalina is coming soon, I read an article that says "Drivers for hardware will hit a hard wall. Unverified drivers will not function on the new OS. This means if you have older hardware that doesn’t have updated drivers and installer, you won’t be able to use it. There’s no ability to override this requirement." Any chance RedBus or someone at Tascam will kindly help out our community by updating the driver for DM-3200 and DM-4800?

Reactions: -mjk- and snafu
I almost fear this will remain a dream. Since the last beta driver from 2012(?) it is absolutely dead. OK, that's no surprise for a discontinued product. I am not sure how big of a project it is to port hardware drivers on to the next OS version (be Mac or Win), but I guess it's quiet a task.
Wouldn't the hardware drivers just be one half of the whole deal? What about software drivers (for your IF-FW/DM mkII)? TCM is not a must IMHO, but for working hardware you need working software...
Having those source codes would be very exciting (I guess that would be the only solution...which is very unlikely to happen).

Reactions: -mjk-
I am trying to remain optimistic, as there are hundreds (thousands?) of DM-3200/4800 users out there, still actively using their mixers every day like me. I realize the DM series is officially unsupported, but I would be willing to contribute to paying RedBus a reasonable fee for time to update the driver for OSX Catalina. Unless, of course, it is determined to be far too complex and onerous a task. I am hoping we hear from other DM users, and RedBus, to at least determine what the desire and solution might be.

The easiest solution seems to be Windows.

RedBus unfortunately left Tascam a few years ago. He more than likely left behind all his development tools (and possibly without a successor since DM's are no longer supported). In addition, he wouldn't legally be able to modify Tascam code when he's working for another company.

It seems the best solution for Mac users is to keep your functioning system as is and not update to a higher OS - consider the current setup as hardware fixed in time, like the DM effectively is..

Or indeed change to Windows - in my current setup I still have functioning hardware from the XP days running under the latest update of Windows 10 (Plextor disk burners, E-Mu 0404 interface, M-Audio Midisport).

Reactions: -mjk-
To CMaffia : I see you own a Tranzport. I am curious to know if and HOW it works along the Mackie Machine Control. I have one, here, but while my mixer is working just fine to control my soft rig, the Tranzport seems to be unable to work in parallel. Do I have to disconnect the MMC from the DM4800 to get it to work?

Another DM4800 owner here - does Tascam monitor the forum, in which case can we ask for the source to go to GitHub and become open-source? Or, can we use another cheap Tascam interface-only-style product to act as a Catalina-compatible interface to the desk (does such a thing exist)?

I am curious to know if and HOW it works along the Mackie Machine Control. I have

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but the answer is Windows.

How do we read Logic files in Windows? Or are you suggesting some kind of Windows ‘Bridge’ - run Win10 in parallels?

As the desk sits in the middle of a video and audio post-production suite, I can’t justify junking £20K of hardware and making myself incompatible with all my existing customers.

Charlie is running everything under Windows OS. Did I misunderstand the question? Sorry if that's the case.

Hi @Jean-Pierre Pineau. As I had posted in another thread:

I have:

2 Frontier Tranzports
1 Steinberg CC121
2 DM3200 (Remote Layer)
1 Tascam US-2400 controller
1 PunchLight

All are USB devices hooked up to the same Windows 10 PC and are working simultaneously. I would bet my bank account it works the same way for the Mac OS.

I set up each device in Cubase as if they were the only controller. They all work together without conflict. I can hit play from the Dm3200 transport, hit stop on the Frontier, hit FF/RW on the US-2400, move the fader on the CC121 and the DM Remote layer & US-2400 move simultaneously.

So in other words, all the devices work in parallel. Hope that answers the question.

*Note there is a procedure for getting the remote layer to work with TWO DM's connected to the same computer (See my Windows 10 sticky). Renaming the Tascam USB driver supposedly is simpler than Windows but being that I am a Windows user, I didn't document that procedure.

Hi folks, as Mac OSX Catalina is coming soon, I read an article that says "Drivers for hardware will hit a hard wall. Unverified drivers will not function on the new OS. This means if you have older hardware that doesn’t have updated drivers and installer, you won’t be able to use it. There’s no ability to override this requirement." Any chance RedBus or someone at Tascam will kindly help out our community by updating the driver for DM-3200 and DM-4800?
Catalina isn't the end of the road, it's the signpost that says the end is near.

I just got my DM-3200 + IF-FW/DM mkII running on Catalina, see my post here: https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/anybody-using-the-new-mac-os-catalina.7187/page-2#post-37167

Reactions: Peter Batah
Sorry, I lost all my DM 4800 files and IFFw mk II card. You can make me kind to send the latest updated Pc windows 10(firmware, drive etc. ) Early thank you.

I HAVE HP Z600 CPU MAXED OUT WIN 10 64BIT

NUENDO 10 64BIT

TASCAM DM3200 IFFDM WK2 FIREWIRE CARD

ALL R INSTALLED CORRECTLY

THE PROBLEM IS MY FIREWIRE AUDIO KEEPS DROPPING OUT I'VE CHANGED DRIVERS OVER AND OVER ALSO CALLED TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND STILL HAVE THE

SAME PROBLEM

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM FOR ME R WHAT TO DO AND THE

1 2 3 STEPS OF HOW TO DOIT

HAVE SPENT MUCH MONEY ALREADY TO CHANGE MY SETUP

SEND TO ZLIVE69@GMAIL.COM

R POST THIS INFORMATION

MUCH LOVE THX

[...]
THE PROBLEM IS MY FIREWIRE AUDIO KEEPS DROPPING OUT I'VE CHANGED DRIVERS OVER AND OVER [...]

Can you please be specific about the driver version, and your firmware version of the DM? There's some beta out there, that could be your best choice - so please share your driver version.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.