IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

@Richard Lockett: I can upload them for you, as long as you need the IF-FWDMmkII 176581 driver - it's AFAIK a beta driver (the last in a long line to my knowledge). If it is of any use to you. Windows only, it's an .exe file. Just pm me.

Reactions: Zach L
By reading this, you should already have a new conversation open containing the link :)

For Tascam iff bmwk 2 what FireWire cable do i use 6 pin 9 pin what?

For Tascam iff bmwk 2 what FireWire cable do i use 6 pin 9 pin what?

By "bmwk2" you happen to mean the firewire card? If so, it's label is
IF-FW/MD mkII

The card comes with a 6 pin fw-cable.

Hello,
I wonder if this forum is still On.
I have resisted upgrading from WIN7 but finally had to do it because Cakewalk would not support 7 anymore...
I am on WIN10 and I am having a few blue screens once in a while. Not very consistent.
I just need to make sure its not firewire card causing it.
IEEE 1394 host controllers are:
Texas Interments 1394 OHCI Cpomplient Hot Controller (Microsoft 6/21/2006 driver version 10.0.10586.0)
VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Microsoft 6/21/2006 driver version 10.0.10586.0)
IF-FW/DM mkII (TASCAM 7/17/2013 Driver Version 4.1.3.17357)

Please advise.
thanks in advance
joni

Reactions: snafu
@joni: you better bet we're On ;-)

As for your question: as always, it's heavily depending on your devices: mainboard, firewire card (the one in your PC) and drivers.

You should avoid on-board firewire-cards, as they used to be there in older boards. Never had luck with them, and I tried at least four or five different brands. Better look for an pcie-solution. Make sure your mainboard likes the card - ASUS and Gigabit seem to have less to no trouble with TI-Chipset firewire cards and Win10 in conjunction.

Texas-Instrumtents-Chip seems fine. Ironically Tascam did not recommend them back in the day, but all in all they are absolute rock solid!

What do you use? 3200/4800? Driver 17357 is not necessarily up to the task with Win10. I always recommend 176581 - never had any problems with this version under Win 10 Pro 64 bit. Can't promise anything if your windows is not "Pro", I never tried any home edition or business.

Good luck, joni!

Reactions: Peter Batah
Hello All,

I've run into a weird issue with my MKII driver. I'm running a late 2012 Mac Pro with OS 10.13.6 installed. I have been running driver version 1.30f10 (188754) with little issue (I think I was having some driver conflicts with some other interfaces and PT 2020).

Out of the blue, my driver went offline per the DM-3200 but the control panel on the Mac shows that there is no device found. I've confirmed that it's not the cable and not the FW port on the Mac. The mixer shows that the card is OK and the computer shows that the driver is fine.

I believe that this is the last version of the driver available and that it is fine for Mac OS up until Catalina. Am I correct on that information? Any thoughts on what could be the issue here if this is the correct driver for my OS?

Thanks in advance.

Clayton

Oddly, I saw your post (email notice), then when I went to use mine, it didn't show up, after working fine earlier in the day. After turning the DM-3200 off and back on—reboot wasn't enough—it came back. You've probably tried a power cycle, but if not...

For Big Sur, kernel extensions will be gone. I might try a (class-compliant) USB-ADAT interface. More awkward routing , though, with only eight channels. I typically only use a couple of channels in each direction, but would not be able to use the Direct button as often.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response - I had tried rebooting and restarting everything to no avail. After reading your response again, though, I tried starting the computer first and then starting up the mixer and that worked. I've done it the other way around forever now with no problems and then one day the mixer decides that it doesn't like it. I don't know what else to attribute to it.

Your reply helped me rethink it - so thanks!

hp z820 and tascam if dmwk 2 will they work together win 10 64 bit

Hi guys! I am new here and was wondering if any of you had some new Windows drivers for Windows 10? My card seems to cut out after about 3 hours of use and I was wondering if you all had anything later than the last driver Tascam had in there for the IFFWDMmkII. My driver date is 3/15/2010 Driver Version: 3.5.2.8028.

Hi Jeremy, and welcome to the forum! The latest Windows driver is from 2014 and AFAIK it's 1.30f9 and release number 176851. I don't recognize the numbers you mention.

Also important (as noted in the first post of this thread) is to use the Microsoft Legacy driver for firewire devices.

Also I need the one for Windows Arjan, if you can find it, the one I found was for Mac.

Snafu can you post the Windows beta driver you have that is working here please? I need that beta driver that you said works great. The last one I have is from 2010 realease 116606, my audio after so long dies out on me while using it.

OK so here you can find the latest files for Windows, all in one .zip file - also included is a READ ME file with version specifics. The link will last for a week:
https://we.tl/t-FCanRmBL9A

Reactions: Shorts

New threads

Members online

No members online now.