IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

Are they just for DM3200 or are they also for DM4800?

No, only DM-3200 since that is what I have, and only Windows..

BTW, for some included files it doesn't matter, since they are the same for both mixers (IFFW & TMC for instance). The download is only 14 MB, so you may just check what's in there..

Thanks all for keeping this thread alive and sharing.
My Win 10 / Cubase 10.5 system had been running well for past year but recently started to get BSOD at random times and when quitting Cubase. I just downloaded and updated DM-3200 + IFFWDM divers (thanks Arjan P). However, now I get an error when launching the IFFWDM "This application is not campatible with you Dice (Kernal) driver!!"
Anyone know what that means? I assume a motherboard or chipset incompatibility?

I will roll back for now.

@ebpsinc What exactly do you mean with 'launching the IFFWDM'? Do you mean the 'IFFWDMmkII Control Panel' app? It is possible that this appliucation needs to run under an older Windows compatibility mode (I'm not sure I remember correctly).

Thanks Arjan. Yes I meant launching the control panel. Yea, not sure what's going but I rolled back to older driver and its working in WIN10. I will delve into this further another day. thx for the reply.
Cheers
e

Reactions: Arjan P
I simply cannot believe this forum is alive and well, and still helping and supporting the community of DM users! Wow.

I'm having the same old struggle as everyone. I was forced into a rebuild and win10 and am having trouble getting it to work consistently. I dug through this thread pretty heavily to try and find the drivers myself without bothering anyone, but it seems that most of the links are dead. Can someone please walk me through how to get this working? My setup is very simple. Just the DM to my PC. Everything else I use is outboard and analog so isn't contributing to the problem.

Thanks in advance. I am so appreciative of this resource.

@Neil Eckstein Hello Neil. Welcome aboard! You said: "Can someone please walk me through how to get this working?" Is this the first time that you post about the issue that you are having. If so, I think that it is safe to say that you are going to have to provide a few (significantly more) details. Start from the top and work your way down to the exact problem. I believe that I can speak for most of us here when I say that we are eager to help. But, unfortunately, you are not giving us much to go on.

OK no problem.

I have the OS up and running and updated everything.

-Cubase 9.5 opens perfectly. I can open a blank project with no issue.
-Outputs are working fine - even windows system audio is coming back through the board.
-Physical inputs are working fine - on the input layer I can see a level on the meter unit (MU-1000).
-When I switch the audio inputs within cubase to the settings that I want (32 in), it crashes windows - literally restarts the computer.
-Occasionally, it doesn't. Sometimes it lets me set everything up normally, but then if I save and try to open or activate any other project (including trying to reload the same one I was just on), then windows crashes.

I realized I didn't have the TMC installed, so I went and grabbed the version I had backed up, but Windows won't let me run the program because of "admin" issues. I started hunting around and found this thread, but it's hard to sort out exactly what versions of TMC to use and how to make sure which drivers to use because there are a lot of different issues happening in this thread.

Does that description help at all?

I have genuine appreciation for you all.

For the record: I'm prepared to follow the instructions at the beginning of the thread, but a couple of the links are dead. Is there an updated source for these drivers and versions?

Looks like I got that problem under control, but I still don't have fader control and the TMC is still telling me nothing is connected.

TMC Version: 1.51
Build: 90372

Neil, if TMC is telling you there is no connection, this is a USB issue, obviously.
First off, you have the correct version of TMC for Windows.
FireWire driver I am running is Version 1.30f9 (I believe it is a Beta from years ago) You run it in Legacy Mode. Easy enough to figure this out via Google if you are not already familiar.

Things to remember: When you install either the FireWire drivers or TMC, make sure the DM is not connected to the computer, not the FireWire or the USB. You connect the DM after you have the drivers and software installed. **Note** Do not unplug or plug in the FireWire Cable while the DM is on, only when it is off. Not following this rule can bake your FireWire card.
To install TMC on Win 10, do it as Administrator and in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode. If you don't know how to do this, Google it, it's important.
Now, back to the USB issue. Check your connection: is it USB 2 or 3? If it is 3, then plug it into a USB 2 port. USB 3 does not always play nice with older gear and can show no connection at times. You can also check your connection via Device Manager where you can disable and re-enable the Tascam DM3200 under Sound, Video and game controllers. This often fixes the connection.
As for Cubase Crashing, as you have described it, I doubt it has anything to do with the DM.

One other thing, make sure you have updated your system, and do a quick reinstall of Cubase to be on the safe side. You do not have to uninstall Cubase to reinstall it, just start up the installer and select reinstall. Sometimes things just go wrong in an initial install and it is a good precaution to take when trouble arises.

Lastly, the Tascam. com site still has drivers and manuals available for download, although not the Beata drivers some of us have.

It would also help if you took the time to post your system specs in your signature to help us better help you. The more pieces to the puzzle we have, the better chance you have for a solution.
Jack

Reactions: Shorts
**Note** Do not unplug or plug in the FireWire Cable while the DM is on, only when it is off. Not following this rule can bake your FireWire card.

Oh no. Any way to test, if the card is actually dead?
I've been using the TM-4800 with OSX 10.13.6 without issues for a year now (thanks to the drivers provided in this forum). Recently (Since Christmas break, I think) I got no connection anymore through firewire. I had to replace the FW 400/800 cable and suspected the new cable to be broken. But I tested it today with an old external harddrive and there is no issue with cable or the FW port at the Mac.

TMC: 1.70 Build 153253
Mixer: 1.70 Build 112151
Card: 1.02 Build 75562
Status
CARD: OK
1934: No Cable

and in the Software: No device found

Is my card dead?

@dommetysk: On your DM's numeric entry panel press ALT+Digital (2), then chose the SLOT tab. All your cards are displayed - if it says 'Status OK' and shows the port in locked mode (something along the lines like '1394 locked') I would highly doubt the card to be broken!

I would suggest evaluating for a driver issue. Any current driver or chipset updates? Something in the communication between console and software is not right.

Your USB connection is also established? Just to be sure...
I am not a Mac user, so I can't tell if your OS was undergoing some recent updates that might have affected the console to PC communication. Any chance you can reset your May prior to the christmas break configuration, and see if it works?

Good luck,
snafu

Reactions: Peter Batah
My best guess would be an OSX update, or you have unchecked something in the current OS settings. My communication with my DM was not working for awhile, and then realised i needed to go into terminal to sort out the issue. It had to do with the fact that my newish macbook pro (MAC's in general) do not allow software that is no 'registered' with MAC. So you need a terminal code to allow unregistered software to run... good luck

@dommetysk: On your DM's numeric entry panel press ALT+Digital (2), then chose the SLOT tab. All your cards are displayed - if it says 'Status OK' and shows the port in locked mode (something along the lines like '1394 locked') I would highly doubt the card to be broken!
As I said above, the Status is OK but below it says 1394: No Cable

Your USB connection is also established? Just to be sure...
I am not a Mac user, so I can't tell if your OS was undergoing some recent updates that might have affected the console to PC communication. Any chance you can reset your May prior to the christmas break configuration, and see if it works?

Yes, USB connection works. I did not do any upgrades except in homebrew. I don't know if that could have broken anything? I tried reinstalling the drivers to no avail.

@Darryn: I can see the drivers loaded (?) in kext and I do not get any OSX Security message. I'm gonna try disabling crs later today, thanks.

I will also try another osx machine with firewire that I found lying around. I'll keep you updated.

Later!

Reactions: Darryn
Unfortunately, no solution found yet.
I tried disabling CSR
I tried another Laptop with FW input: osx 10.8, very sluggish, but i managed to install the drivers, but still: No Device found.
I tried uninstalling homebrew
I tried resetting CoreAudio

Any other suggestions? Maybe do a clean OSX install?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.