IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

Hello
Is there a beta driver working for OS Big Sur yet...if not yet any ideal when we can expect one ?

Thank you

"Is there a beta driver working for OS Big Sur yet..."—no. Although I think the old kext driver still works under Big Sur, as it does under Catalina (this requires somewhat tricky enabling of the deprecated support of kernel drivers).

"if not yet any ideal when we can expect one ?"—never.

The products have been discontinued for years, and are no longer supported. It doesn't mean there is no way to interface the mixers, but it's definitely the end of the road for the firewire interface. You could, for instance, get a class-compliant USB to ADAT optical interface bridge, or a Thunderbolt or USB audio interface that has ADAT optical i/o.

Hey Earlevel, thanks for the info ! I loved using my DM3200 as a control surface an I would love to continue using in this way. I do have (2) UA Apollo x8P what's the process of bridging my DM3200 with my x8P's via ADAT i/0 ?

Also where can i download a copy of the latest driver that still works with Big Sur that you speak about ?

Thank You

"I do have (2) UA Apollo x8P what's the process of bridging my DM3200 with my x8P's via ADAT i/0 ?"

I don't have any UA gear, and I'm still using the firewire interface, no ADAT i/o, so I can't get too specific. But, just as you configure the mixer channels to route to the firewire interface, doing it with the ADAT i/o should be about the same. The only difference I foresee is that there are only 8 channels, so the "Direct" output assignment will only work on the first 8 channels.

"Also where can i download a copy of the latest driver that still works with Big Sur that you speak about ?"

See my posts starting here, for how to install—I'm still on Catalina, but it should be the same:

https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/anybody-using-the-new-mac-os-catalina.7187/page-2#post-37167

Kernel extensions (kext) were originally slated to be disabled after Catalina, but apparently they postponed removal for Big Sur.

snafu, you are doing great. I followed you fine. But I've been doing the same thing for years so a new user might not follow. The simple idea is there are 2 drivers running in parallel. Use ASIO from Tascam for the DAW. I/O mapped to the faders.
WDM in Windows is for what is needed for the PC Sound Outside the DAW. Like YouTube or SoundCloud, etc. I map the port 1-2 to the input of 18-19 on the Tascam. So when I fire up the DAW I can record any of the Window output through the Tascam to the Asio to the DAW.

There may be better ways. But this has also allowed me to set up Zoom sessions and direct it to my DAW (CUBASE)

Hi, sorry to bother. I'm working with a DM-3200 that has worked just fine for over a year, but within the past week the IF-FW/DM MKII driver (v1.21) has caused a couple dozen crashes. I saw some uploads of the 1.30f9 from several months ago, but those are all expired. Is there someone who can point me in the direction of a download that works now?

Thanks!

Hi @Swicket and welcome to the forums! I created a new download link for a week, but only (or mostly) useful if you are working on Windows 7 or 10 - simply because these are the files I have. Enjoy!

https://we.tl/t-7C8ENlzaNZ

Here you go Frans (or anyone else). Oh, wait! I see now you have a 4800 - hopefully the driver that's included in my zip is the same for 3200 and 4800.. I expect it to be since the IFFW-DM should be the same. Anyway here's the link for one week:

https://we.tl/t-N8fhwtVyuq

Greetings all. I’m a long-time user of the DM3200/IF/FW-DM mkII. I’ve been using it with Mojave on a 2012 Mac Pro and it’s been working great. I recently installed Catalina VIA dosdude1’s patcher on a separate drive and installed a fresh version of Logic Pro along with the IF/FW-DM driver. The system seems to work just fine except the IF/FW-DM control panel won’t work (it has a cross through the icon) presumably because it’s 32 bit. Does anyone have a work-around for this? I’m assuming it will be the same for TMCompanion as well but I haven’t tried it.

So I am trying to make sure that I have the latest driver for my IF/FW-DM mkII (with the DM-3200.) I am currently using 176851 on at Windows 10 environment. Is there a newer driver out there? I am just wanting to keep up-to-date. If there is a newer driver, can a link be posted to it for me, or can I receive the link in a message? I would much appreciate it.

@timothysklugh If you check my previous post in this topic, you'll find a link to the latest files in a zip for the DM-3200. Looks like 176851 is indeed the latest driver version. But feel free to download, it's only 14 MB.

Ciao a tutti,
ho un problema con i Driver IF-FW/DM mkII v. 1.21 per Windows. Ho Windows 10 64 bit, Cubase Pro 11 e Tascam DM4800 con scheda Firewire installata.
Quando imposto le uscite separate sul Cubase e chiudo il programma Windows si blocca con schermata blu con errore PFN LIST CORRUPT.
Con Windows 7 64 bit e Cubase 10.5 era tutto ok.
Per caso avete driver più aggiornati o qualche soluzione.
grazie molte

Ciao,
ho scaricato da bmanpro i driver IF-FW/DM mk2 v. 1.30f5.
Ho risolto il mio problema.
Grazie grazie grazie mille.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Recently I have some problems with the drivers of the tascam DM4800 / IF-FW / DM mk2 and windows 10. Can you please tell me if I have installed the latest drivers? upload_2021-11-12_18-14-24.png

Ciao, ho verificato e sto utilizzando la tua stessa versione dei driver, ovvero 4.1.4.18150.
Tutto sembra funzionare bene.

Io purtroppo devo spesso manualmente attivare i driver dell' usb o della firewire, perchè all' accensione del Pc non li vede. Ho provato sia accendendo prima il DM che dopo , ma è la stessa cosa. Il fatto strano che per alcuni periodi non lo fa. Comunque poco male, perchè una volta attivato tutto è stabile per l' intera sessione di lavoro. Grazie comunque per l' ausilio.

Greetings everyone, my IF-FW DM-MKII has been causing blue screens ever since the 20H2 Windows 10 update. I was unaware of the beta drivers and I feel like it might solve my problem. Would someone kind enough upload the latest drivers for me? Thank you! :)

Hi forum members. I use the DM4800 with the IFFWDM-MkII card.
I am currently running OS 10.13 (High Sierra) on a MacPro 2012, but I just bought a (used) Metal-compatible GPU which means I can install all the way up to Monterey via OpenCore Legacy Patcher.
However, I am not sure what is the highest version of OSX supported by the latest available IFFW driver, and where I can find the driver?

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.