Glen Brooks

From
Amarillo, TX
Website
www.youtube.com
Gear owned
Tascam US-16x08
Hello,

I just recently got one of the US-16x08 units and I am about to start playing with it. I'll be using it to record live drums at home.

The first question I have is, can one of the line/inst lines be used as microphone inputs? My kit isn't too big but I may need 10 inputs instead of 8. I can work with 8 but I'd rather have 10.

I'm just getting started so I'm learning.

Thanks for the help!

Glen
http://www.youtube.com/solitaryg

The US-16xo8 actually has 16 inputs altogether. So you can effectively record 16 mics at once if you have the proper connections. You can use the two line/inst inputs on the front as well as the six line inputs in the back, but I'm honestly not sure if the front line/inst inputs (channels 9 & 10) will provide enough gain when used in line mode. I believe the 16x08's phantom power only applies to the eight XLR inputs on the front, so you might need to run the other mics through a preamp first. Any preamp will do, as long as it has phantom power if you're using mics that require it.

I've never tried this, but you can use a second 16x08 as a preamp in mixer mode (bypassing the usb pc connection). You would use mics in the second interface's XLR inputs, and then connect it's line-outs into the line-ins on the first 16x08.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.