Importing/exporting files on the DP-32

Jonprof

Gear owned
2488 Neo; DP-32, headphon
Hi, I am new to the forum.
My questions are about exporting and importing files on the DP-32 with another DP-32.

I currently use a 2488 Neo; as do my 2 brothers in different states. We frequently exchange out 'raw tracks' (files) by importing and exporting onto cd.

In the past year or so, all of us have gotten the DP-32 but so far still using our 2488s. Reading through the DP-32 manual, it seems to say the only way to exchange files is by computer. However, there is no mention of exporting/importing files directly with another DP-32.

As I interpret the manual, it says a fully formatted SD card contains the 'AudioDepot' folder for exchanging files so I was hoping I could simply insert my card into my brother's machine and import my files - then reverse the process (on a new card?) to take the tracks home with me.

So, the question is can we exchange files simply by loading each others' SD card into the other's DP-32. Seems hard to believe the only way to exchange files between these machines is through a computer.

If the SD card won't work, is there another way to exchange the files except by computer?

Thanks.

Jonprof

Whether you connect to a computer via USB, or simply put the SD card into a reader, you'll find a folder named Music, inside of which are folders for each song, named the same as the song name.
I believe you can copy a song folder from one machine to the Music folder on another. I'll be putting this theory to the test soon, as another forum member and I are going to try a virtual collaboration, using Dropbox as the means by which we'll hand the song folder back and forth as we add parts.
We both have the DP-24, both at the same firmware level, so I see no reason why it won't work. The Audio Depot folder is meant to import files to an existing song folder, whereas we'll be moving the entire song folder, which should keep all the indexing and undo capabilities intact. Sounds like you may have an opportunity to try it before I do!

it should work,just don,t forget 2 other files in the music folder.They must have something to do with configuring the song when you first make a new song.Even when you format the card there is 1 song there.

Just bought a lap top running Windows 10 and it won't even recognize my dp32. Any tips?

Have you tried all the usb ports?And are you setting the Dp-24 to do it.Menu USB.if you just plug it in it won,t do anything.Page 80 of the manual.

Thank you for the reply. I have the dp32 but yes, I turned on the usb. But the device is not recognized. This is a brand new laptop running windows 10. I even tried "device search" on the computer and it comes up with nothing. I also tried to connect to my old pc running vista and still nothing.

Last edited:

New threads

Staff online

Members online