Invalid card

Dean Proctor

Gear owned
DR40X
I can’t be the first to say this but would it kill you people to put something in your literature about how the DR40X will only accept certain specific SD cards? I’ve now spent more on SD cards than I have on the unit. Cheers for that. I’m a songwriter, why do I have to become an internet geek every time I buy your products. It’s 2021 guys. People make things that work now, with instructions even idiots like me can understand. It’s not hard. Start doing that. Really pisses me off. Btw anyone know what card this piece of shit I regret buying will take?

I have used a number of brands of sdxc cards with no problem. did you buy a cheapie from China perhaps?
If you think the dr40x is a pos then take it back.

BTW this is a friendly forum with helpful people, if you ask nicely, they will help. Frankly your attitude does not make me want to help you, so, I wont.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Apologies I was trying to be funny, evidently I missed the mark. Don’t worry about helping me I’ll just keep buying these scandisks at fifty to a hundred quid a pop until I find the right one. Cheers

Got it working now! Just so there is something on this thread other than me ranting and some greezer with a 5 string bass (always been suspicious of those who feel they need that extra string) getting all snooty with me;
Turns out DR40x just doesn’t like high powered scan disks. 64GB works fine. So buy the cheap ones boys and you’ll be fine.
I also retract my earlier apology, in retrospect I think my outburst was entirely justified. I’ve been using Tascam gear since the cassette porta studios in the nineties and I have never been able to use anything straight out of the box, there is always a glitch, always an idiosyncrasy not covered in the manual that forces you on to a forum for advice. Shouldn’t be like that. Shape up Tascam.

@Dean Proctor using profanity and directing vitriol towards people who not only have nothing do with creating the problem in the first place, is never appropriate nor wise. Are you somehow under the impression that this site is affiliated with Tascam? I don't know how else to interpret your "you people" comment. Yelling as us accomplishes nothing but getting you put on ignore.

Hah! Withdrawing apologies - you sure know how to make a first impression @Dean Proctor. And next time you address a company (Shape up Tascam), do it where the company actually is, and not in a user forum with friendly people willing to help. Well, willing to help most others, anyway.

@Dean Proctor, now you went and did it. @Arjan P has seen this thread.

Someone else on the forum whom I also deeply respect contacted me privately and suggested that I delete this entire thread because it isn't helpful. I do think there is some benefit in leaving it for now, however, even if for nothing but an example of how not to ask for help.

Most of us get upset with technology and also people. We created the sticky posts so we wouldn't have to repeat the same things over and over and yet it happens every day. Most people want an instant answer and that often isn't forthcoming. One very rude poster even accused some of us for not doing our job while taking a paycheck from Tascam. Oh, if only!

Your referral to @BazzBass as "some greezer with a 5 string bass (always been suspicious of those who feel they need that extra string) getting all snooty with me" is rather harsh, personal, and uncalled for. And you totally deserved it as you were snooty from the beginning, and he explained that your attitude is the issue, nothing personal. @BazzBass is valued member of this forum who is polite and offers to help others by giving of his time, as do many others on the forum. Honestly @Dean Proctor, whatever happens to you from now on is your own doing.

At this point I will consider the matter dealt with and closed. My advice to you is to not escalate.

I have a 5 string bass, I have eight 4 string basses. Your opinion is not worth a rat's tossbag to me, who the f$%# are you? You are suspicious of 5 string bassists lol wow I bet they are all shaking in their boots with fear haha
You are attacking a company. This forum has nothing to do with that company. You show your ignorance quite clearly. It's a sad fact of life that imbeciles like you get to troll forums like this. Begone with you.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online