Is it possible to mixdown tracks only between markers?

RedCon

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi! I tried the manual and the website search, but couldn't find anything relevant.

I have a Model 12, and I wonder if mixdown between markers is possible?

I usually "jam" with all tracks recording, using markers to separate thoughts or ideas or "songs". Then I'd like to be able to mix down a portion of that session between say markers 3 and 4 only. At the moment, I've found it'll just export the whole session regardless of markers.

If this isn't natively possible in the machine, where do I send feature requests? =P

Redcon, see if you can set up a punch in”on master track 11/12 only and between the markers. You can rehearse the punch in and when ready use the master red record button (something like that maybe?)

I'd like to be able to mix down a portion of that session
Unlike the portastudios, the Model series was designed to capture a "live" performance and work in conjunction with a D.A.W. for mixdown and mastering.

If the OM doesn't indicate you can use markers in the way you want to, it seems you have only a few options to try:
  • Use a D.A.W. to do your mixdown.
  • Possibly do a manual start and stop for the portion of the song you want to mix. The 2-Track Master Recorder (11 & 12) is always in record-ready mode and will capture whatever is being sent to the Main Mix L/R Bus when the primary Record button is engaged, overwriting any previous material recorded on the 2-Track Master Recorder (Tracks 11 & 12).
  • Possibly use the Auto Punch function (discussed on pp 44 & 45 of the December 2021 Model 12 OM to which I referred). Engage only the Master Record button to capture the signal (via the Main Mix L/R Bus) on the 2-Track Master Recorder (Tracks 11 & 12), overwriting any previous material recorded on the 2-Track Master Recorder (Tracks 11 & 12).
  • Possibly use the Auto Punch function to Bounce to unused MTR tracks (1 ~ 10) if you have any open.
I don't own one of these front-of-house mixers, so can't offer anything beyond that.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.