Length of file goes from 3:24 TO :46 seconds when I try to master

Craig Jolly

Gear owned
Tascam DPS 32
I am just getting started with my 32SD. I have recorded a song. When I click on Mixdown/Mastering mode, the light flashes. When I click again to go to mastering mode, the file that was previously about 3:24 mysteriously is shortened to just the :46 seconds or so at the head of the song.

I may have clicked the wrong button on an earlier attempt to master the song. With a skilled friend's help, I was able to get an earlier version of the song mastered and transfered to my laptop. (I'll save these challenges for an other thread!)

Any ideas on what I've screwed up and How I can proceed?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Craig
Key West, Florida

You need to mixdown the song before you can master. In mixdown mode you need to set an in point at the beginning of the song and an out point at the end of the song. Then adjust what you need to mix the song - faders, pan, eq. When you are happy with the mix you press REC to record the mix. Listen to the mix. If you need to redo it record it again. Once you are happy with the mix, press the button until you reach master mode. Then use the master tools to enchance your mix as needed. You will need to record the master like you did in mixdown mode.

Roundhill ...

Thanks for your help. I think I now have it solved.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put reverb and compression on my lead vocal. Do I set "pre" or "Post" on that channel in multitrack mode. I would like to have more reverb on lead vocal than anything else. Thank you.

Members online