Look to collab with a vocals on the Tascam DP!

Sirmoog

Gear owned
DP-32SD
Covid sucks, but why not make the best of it?
I'm trying to use my DP32 a bit more since I'm stuck in the house. I can play several instruments fairly well, but my singing stinks. Anyway, I've written two new songs, one pop-rock, and one country (my first country try!).
I'd love to find a vocalist who is a DP user who would like to collaborate and do a file share. I'll return the favor and add some instruments to your cuts, if you have the need.
Thanks!

A-hem....

Well, I'm a singer and have been for a very long time, but unfortunately I don't have a Tascam DP. If that restriction is removed I'd like to give it a go ;)

(BTW, I'll be recording in Cubase and ofcourse can receive and provide .wav files)

Last edited:
BTW, I'll be recording in Cubase and ofcourse can receive and provide .wav files)

That would work.

Well, I'm a singer and have been for a very long time

You never cease to amaze me Arjan. I would love to hear some tracks. Please give us some links!

And no autotune! Refreshing. Nice work @Arjan P.

Reactions: Arjan P
None of the material that I'm currently working on has been released yet. My past catalog can be heard on mjk.asia. If any of those sounds fit a style for one of your tunes @Sirmoog please DM me using the Conversation function (the envelope option).

@Sirmoog where are you on this project?

Hi @Sirmoog,
just read this post from last year.
I am a vocalist and piano player, using a DP-32. If you are still interested in collaboration, let me know.
Cheers,
Krissie

OP it matters not what equipment we have,all you need is a wav file, it could be from a 2488, cubase, pro tools, reaper, zoom hand recorder., whatever.. as long as you match sample and bit rates
just so you know.

Reactions: Krissie and -mjk-
Not quite true.
There are wav-files and then there’s wav-files and they might not be compatible even though they both have the same sample rate and bit depth. And the same extension ...
A RF64 wav-file could be bigger than 4Gb, among other things, which a ”ordinary” wav-file can’t.
There’s also the BWF file (which I think some of Tascams products support) which support metadata the ”ordinary” wav-file doesn’t.

But for the most part, yes, wav-files are compatible.

thanks for expanding my knowledge :)

my main point being you don't need the same recorder both ends to share files.

I have learnt so much in the short time I've been on here, love this forum and all the knowledgable members who share their wisdom.

Reactions: Logrinn and -mjk-
Hi, may I throw in a related question regarding the exchange of .wav files:
What is the best way to import and synchronize a file that does not start at the same time? I've sent out a pilot track for several choir singers, and what I get back is produced with various devices and random starting points. So just importing the tracks via "Audio Depot" doesn't work. I wonder if I have to do the whole mixing in a DAW instead.

@Krissie if everyone uses your pilot track file from the beginning, and their recorded files are the full project length then the files will line up. You have to be firm with people about starting the recording at the beginning of the pilot track so they start together.

That being said, there is a way to line up the tracks in a DP machine but it's not easy when compared to doing it a DAW. The DP machines allow you to move tracks anywhere you like along the timeline. Unfortunately there is no intuitive way to do this. It might take you a considerable amount of trial and error on the DP machine, where simply dragging a track in a DAW would be very fast and much by comparison.

Reactions: David Porter
Samplitude is free, Reaper gives you 60 days of full access for free, but in reality,you can use it forever, but as it's only $60 for a 4 or 5 year license,everybody buys it eventually.

Reactions: -mjk-
Personally, I really enjoy using Reaper.

New threads

Members online