Looks good but doesn't sound like...anything

ChazS

Gear owned
Model 12 & DP-24SD
[SOLVED]

Warning :: I'm very new to this. ...so apologies...

Windows 10 :: "Model 12" appears in all the settings for the OS and the unit shows up in Audition and Resolve as the input/output device but I can't get any sound to play from my computer out to the speakers hooked into the Model 12. The levels on my computer are jumping and it can be heard if I change the output to the speakers built into my video monitor, but when Model 12 is selected, nothing.

Btw, I have "RTFM" right up to hitting French, have fiddled with the SUB & MAIN sliders and made sure the power buttons to the speakers were on. Still though, I'm certain it's an oversight on my part, but I haven't a clue what it could be. Any and all help appreciated.

Last edited:
So a few basic things to double check when first unboxing and starting up.

- Make sure all the “main” buttons on the channel strips are engaged (down).

- make sure *none* of the solo buttons are engaged (if any of them are engaged/down, then the small afl/PFL light to the left of the screen will glow to warn you this is the case)

- then, only after confirming no channels are solo’d, make sure no channels are muted.

- turn faders up to about halfway

So the above steps, taken as a whole, will make sure sound can flow through the mixer from channels to the main bus.

Reactions: tom_bond

New threads

Members online