Losing recordings

Cmted4

Gear owned
008 dp 32
Hi if the Tascam dp008ex is switched off at the mains (ie not powered down on the machine) do you lose recordings?
I know the Tascam recorded because my singer did harmonies to her main vocal recording.
However when I came to listen in the evening there were no track recordings.
I have been using it for two years without this problem.
Amy help would be appreciated
Thanks

Sadly, it is normal behaviour that the song structure is saved in the MTR partition only in case you press delibarately SONG SAVE during your activity or when you switch down using the ON/OFF switch. It is also emphasized in the maual, you shouldn't pull the mains during operation.
As the MTR partition is a proprietary structure, you cannot access it with PC tools to restructure something.
For any bigger progress (or time investment) in the song creation it is good practice, to either DATA BACKUP the whole song container or TRACK EXPORT single finished tracks. In both cases the files becomes accessible to an USB access in the respective folders. From there you can save them in your PC/cloud environment.

Yes, your work will save only if you power it down before switching off at the mains. I have lost valuable stuff this way!

New threads

Members online