Low Metronome Volume

Les Goering

Gear owned
DP-008EX
I am new to the DP-008EX and am having trouble getting the metronome set to a usable volume. The manual says that it can be set from 0 to 127, with the default being 100. I can decrease volume but cannot increase it beyond 100. I can hear it through headphones but it is so quiet that it is useless. I'm guessing there is a simple solution and any help is appreciated.

I too have this exact problem. I was hoping that you would have received at least one answer by now Les

Here's a solution,

Having the same problem, what I do is that I use the last track to record an external metronome (plugged in the guitar jack).

Also, you can set 1 beat on the internal metronome, that way you only get the loud clic (ex. Instead of 1/4)

This problem really sucks cause its the only problem I had so far but its a major one, WHAT WE'RE THEY THINKING! Oh and yes I've updated the 2017 firmwire 1.01. Haven't they try the goddamn thing before selling it!

I also have the same problem!

Does anyone know if there is a fix to this problem? Have a solution?

I find it strange if people will accept that the internal metronome is useless and no fix availabel!

I have the same issue. I guess one way is to decrease the volume of all the tracks so it's louder in relative terms. As Steven suggests, I set mine to 1 beat too, which helps a little.

A little late to this thread, sorry, I'm pretty new to this forum....

I have a brand new DP-03SD and have noticed the metronome function is barely audible too. I decided not to bother with it, but instead, I use my Yamaha DGX-505 full size keyboard, and record a basic 4/4 tempo beat from the built-in percussion. I play along to that on other tracks, and when I'm satisfied, I simply delete the track, and use it for drums or vocals.

Last edited:
Yes the metronome on these is useless. I solve it in the same way that others mention.

Specifically:

1. I connect an external drum machine with a basic beat.
2. I set the metronome to the same tempo as the drum machine.
3. I hit record and let the internal metronome count me in two bars.
4. I hit play on the external drum machine so that it is on the beat.
5. I let it record for longer than I need.
6. I record the actual drums and bass (or any other rhythm section) over the top of it.
7. I eventually use Track Edit > Silence to clear out the initial external drum machine track so I can use it for something else like vox keys or gits

Reactions: ButchA

New threads

Members online

No members online now.