Meter Question

robin courtenay

Can anyone tell me what the horizontal line is set to on the meter screen,is it 0db? Thanks.

Contacted tascam with this question,got a reply today it said
"Dear Robin,

Thank you for contacting Tascam U.K

The horizontal line "Level meter guide screen" displayed in <<Meter screen>> of display indicates -12 dBFS.
Please refer to "4. Level meter guide" of owner's manual page 26 "Meter Screen".

Kind regards

Jo Fialho
Tascam U.K Support" They must have a different manual to me , there's nothing about it on page 26 of mine???? Nice to know though.

Sorry for the late reply, but here’s what it says on page 27 of the Model 16 manual:

4 Level meter guide
This provides guidance for level adjustment. The guide is shown at the -12dB level.

Hope this helps!

...nothing in my model 24 manual,at least i know now ,thanks again.
FYI, it's on page 26 of the November 2019 (#042862302) owner manual (posted on the TASCAM support site).

Just checked this the tascam europe manual download does not have this information but the international version does the europe version is revision B 03-01-2020 ,All very confusing

Reactions: -mjk-
Yes, typical of TASCAM. Sometimes it seems like nobody's minding the store.:rolleyes:

On the Model 12, is the horizontal line at -12 dBFS too? Or at another value?

I just found the information in the Model 12 manual and yes, it indicates -12 dBFS

this is shithouse for a company selling brand new gear.

It won't change under Gibson's leadership that's for sure.

New threads

Members online