Mix/Master

Doodle46

Veteran
Gear owned
Recorder, Guitars, Keys
I have a lot of questions & this another one:
Is it absolutely necessary that I Mix/Master a song on my Tascam DP-32sd before transferring it (by usb) to my computer? Or, can I simply multi-mix the song, and then initiate the transfer?

It's not necessary, but depends how you split the mix & master jobs between dp32 and computer. Here's a few options:
1. Export each track, copy them to your computer, then mix & master there.
2. Bounce all tracks to a single track, export that track, copy to computer, then master there.
3. Bounce all tracks to a single track, mixdown that track, copy master file to computer, then master there.
4. Bounce all tracks to a single track, mixdown that track, master, copy master file to computer.
5. Mixdown all tracks, copy master file to computer, then master there.
6. Mixdown all tracks, master, copy master file to computer.
Note that 'export' is only reqd on some of these, and that mixdown & mastering both create the same file, which Tascam call the 'master file'.

I am experimenting various options, like Phil has explained, the one that I prefer at the moment is to mixdown in one master track and use It for an advanced mastering with an audio editing software (Audacity) to clean noises , that instruments (or the machine?) used can introduce.

Reactions: Doodle46

New threads

Members online

No members online now.