Mix Minus With iPhone 8 on Model 16

Blue Monster 65

Veteran
Gear owned
Model 16
Anyone got any ideas how to do this? It never occurred to me that I would have a problem setting one up until I tried it with the iPhone 8 that doesn't have a headphone out and the Model 16 doesn't have the dedicated input for such a thing.

I would't be surprised if it's something simple, but it is eluding me here ...

Does that phone have a lightning connector?

Yes - that’s what’s stumping me. Otherwise, I’d be good to go.

Use a breakout box for that port.

Got to find a box. I’ll do more research; I’ve found one, but am not sure it will work with the Apple dongle that goes from lightning to 1/8” jack.

Do you know of a specific one?

Get the box that matches your interface requirements: what do you need to connect the phone to. Many podcasters and live streamers are connecting the audio from their phones with that port.

Right. My question is what interface? I have only found one (from Rode) and I haven’t gotten any information as to whether that will work for mix minus or just for recording into an iPad/iPhone.

I’m hoping someone here might have concrete information about ANY solution they are using to set up their board with an iPhone (specifically an iPhone 8) that uses a lightning jack. With the old TRRS jack it would be easy to find the proper breakout box.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.