Model 12/16/24 Tips & Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Model 24 OM
"Thank you very much for purchasing the TASCAM Model 24 Multitrack Live Recording Console...[a] 22 input analog mixer with 22 line and 16 mic inputs"

The Block Diagram shows that A/D-D/A conversion occurs only
  • When the incoming analog signals on channels 1~22 and internal FX are sent to the USB interface or SD card (tracks 1~22);
  • When the Main L/R bus output is sent to the SD card (tracks 23/24)
  • When the outgoing digital signals from the USB interface or SD card are returned
    • to the PC and MTR analog returns on channels 1~22;
    • to the analog FX Return and analog Main Out L/R bus Return.
The OM (pages 23, 26, and 37 in the one I referred to) descibes the meters on the Model 24:
  • Main L/R Bus Output - Shows the outgoing stereo signal level to the XLR output jacks, and before A/D conversion, to the stereo 2T Recorder (channels 23/24) .
  • Meter Screens - Show the levels of the signals being input to the unit.
    • Display Live Input - Shows the individual mic/line signal input level on each channel, and the signal level, before A/D conversion, being sent to the individual SD card MTR tracks 1~22.
    • Display MTR Return - Shows the individual channel input signal level, after D/A conversion, of songs played back from the SD card MTR tracks 1~22.
    • Display PC Return - Shows the individual channel input signal levels, after D/A conversion, played from a computer via the USB audio interface.
So the Model 24 and its meters are analog in design.

Curiosity got the better of me; I did end up flogging this to death.
And I neither own nor want one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tracker and Rocky
Status
Not open for further replies.

New threads

Members online