Model 12 does not enter "recording standby" as per manual

pkvariance

Gear owned
DR40, Model 12, DP-004
Hello All - has anyone else experienced this? Pressing the REC button goes directly into recording, do not pass go, do not go into standby and blink...I know it seems minor, and all other functions so far work just fine, but this should work and does not. I have the latest firmware and all other conditions for recording have been met. I can live without it, but all other equipment I use has this basic feature that I am accustomed to it as part of the process. I am also concerned that this may be an indication of other issues to come. Any suggestions?

Thanks

The manual is confusing because there is a Rec button on each channel, and a Rec button on the transport.

When you press the individual REC buttons on the channels, they blink. That means they are in standby mode. Those buttons are for arming the tracks for record. So, when you press the Record button on the transport it goes into Record Mode on those channels immediately (as it should).

You can see this happening in this video:

5:40 you can see that Mike is in Stop mode on the transport, and a channel light is blinking. That is Record Standby mode. He changes to the next track/channel he wants to record to, and presses the button. It blinks, indicating that it is armed and in standby mode.

Totally agree. That "Rec" button is not the Rec button on the transport. The reason it's misleading is because that statement is referring to the channel section but could be confused wtih operating the transport section. There is another reference to recording standby in the punch-in section of the manual that is a bit clearer.

Welcome to the Tascam Forums. Now, go make some music!

Reactions: Matthew Fogel
ah - thanks for the reply, mjk - the manual is misleading certainly -

View attachment 2140

I appreciate the clarification.

These two sentences in the manual could have been changed to make it more clear to something like:
"1. Press the REC buttons for each channel you want to record as this will put each in recording standby. It will blink red."

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online