Model 12 hissing/white noise problem

Jogge

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi,

my Model 12 just arrived today and after connecting it to my Akai MPC 2000 XL and getting the sound to work, I noticed a very loud hissing/white noise sound right of the box.

Moving down the faders from their maximum position to zero kinda helps but as soon as I am increasing the volume on my headphone knob (going higher then 12 o clock) while having all 10 channels sent to the main output I'm hearing a noticeable white noise sound which is really annoying to say at least. If I boost the mid EQ for all the channels the white noise gets even louder. I disconnected all cables beside my headphones and even with nothing connected the white noise is still present. If I set all the faders to the max, boost half of the channels high mids to the max and half the channels low mids then it literally sounds like rain and rumbling of a storm. It goes as this far as my meter is going to -10/-20. Of course these are extreme settings but I could use the sounds this thing generates to use it as ambient FX for my LoFi music.

I already looked in this forum and found that many other people had the same problem https://www.tascamforums.com/thread...range-noise-problem.8508/page-2?_params=Array

Some reported great improvement after updating their firmware to 1.3. and for a few seconds I was really hyped only to find out that my device is already running 1.3.

I currently have nothing connected to the main output, only my headphones as I'm still waiting for my cables. I have to little knowledge to know if connecting speakers might help it. But for a product in this price range this shouldn't be problem. I can set all the faders to 0, set my headphone volume to 12 o clock and only send 1 or 2 channels to the main, and then the white noise sound is reduced to a minimum, but I can still hear it. One thing I also noticed is the fact that the white noise accumulates and gets louder the more channels I send to the main.

If anyone had the same problem then please let me know. I love the mixer in every other aspect and I doubt that I'm the only one and it's only due to a faulty unit as other people already described the same problem in every little aspect the same way I experience it now.

Thanks!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.