Model 12 my first MTR trouble with standalone

rikniknoknik

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12 and 004
Ok, so after 20 years of dreaming about a decent setup I got the Model 12 to accompany my sound devices. Boy am I having a trip of a time with it. Ok. So on 1 I have my mic it's a condenser so 48v on. Number 2 I have my fender guitar. 7/8 I have my microbrute. And 9/10 my android phone via the headphone jack. On 9/10 I have only God Knows Why Karaoke recorded. Channel 1 the vocals. I can play it back in my headphones but can't manipulate the volumes of individual channels using the volume sliders? Please don't tell me I need a saw for those. Is there a way I can use them standalone? I could really use someone over the phone to launch my existence right now. I got this thing but am so frustrated as I just want to make music as it makes me happy. Lots of other questions too such as trying to get the click in the headphones and switching from live to MTR, solo, mute, cray cray.

Hello, and welcome to the Tascam Forums.

Did you put the channel source switches in the correct position for SD card playback?

I have solo and main pushed in for my 2 working channels. I also have them all on mtr (because I have no daw) and internally I have my channels set to precomp, or prefader I'll have to get you some pics.

I highly recommend this Sweetwater video as must watch for all new users of the Model 24/16/12 series. It's an excellent and informative demonstration of how to use all the functions/operations of these machines.
(discussion starts at about 1:25 minutes in):

Reactions: Rudy Snell
I have solo and main pushed in for my 2 working channels. I also have them all on mtr (because I have no daw) and internally I have my channels set to precomp, or prefader I'll have to get you some pics.

That explains it. Solo mode it not for mixing. And, if you have everything set for pre-fader, that means the fader has no control over the signal. The video that Mark posted should put you onto it.

Holy stromboly! I took solo off and it worked! Ha.

Reactions: -mjk-
Thank for letting us know that. Now young man, record some music! lol

New threads

Members online